Curtis Davies

Rammeister

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If that is the case, it's a real shame all round but especially for the man himself.

I wasn't too keen when we signed him because of comments he made around the time of Wee Billy's play off final - but I can no longer recall what he said and he was probably right anyway.

He has proven himself to be one of the most articulate footballers I've ever heard.

Clearly a great thinker of the game. I think he would make a very decent manager. Or, if he chooses to go into media, he's already done bits of punditry and is regularly on 5 live discussions.

I hope I'm not writing him off too soon and that he gets to continue playing with us or elsewhere.

Not the best at "playing the ball from the back" but in terms of out and out defending, headers, tackles, interceptions, he's been the best at the club since he arrived.

Excellent player. Top bloke. Ram ?

He said we had no real quality in the side apart from Giles Barnes. Unfair on Matt Oakley but other than that it's hard to argue with ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

We are going to have to take another look at te wierik

we can’t just bin him.

He deserves another chance for sure but if he's simply not up to it we have to go out and get another centre back in January, be it loan or permanent. We're not out of the woods yet.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

On the sky sports news panel tonight, making strides towards his next move... 

he’s a natural for it, intelligent, well spoken and (fairly) interesting. I’d take Davies over about 99% of the ex-players they usually get 

Archived