11 points

kevinhectoring

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

After watching Sheffield tonight though one thing is sure ...they are a much better side than the embarrassing shambles that we were that season ...so they don’t deserve to break the record and don’t think they will 

Yeah so once again the most likely scenario is it’s broken one day in the future by someone who has a points deduction. Which doesn’t quite do it for me

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yeah so once again the most likely scenario is it’s broken one day in the future by someone who has a points deduction. Which doesn’t quite do it for me

Agreed. Unless of course it's the Gumps, the Scummers or them Isle of Dogs knuckle-draggers. Any of them works just fine for me. 

I think the problem we have now is that Sheffield United have gone so long without a win, this will be a shot of confidence to them. I think we got our win relatively early, we got the majority of our points before Christmas, and then it was all down hill from there. They’ve hit their bottom, and this is them now on an upward curve. 

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

After watching Sheffield tonight though one thing is sure ...they are a much better side than the embarrassing shambles that we were that season ...so they don’t deserve to break the record and don’t think they will 

Your thoughts don't really stack up if you're just going on last night's game v Newcastle.. In our 1-0 v Newcastle we played excellently and won with a great goal as opposed to a lucky penalty.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Your thoughts don't really stack up if you're just going on last night's game v Newcastle.. In our 1-0 v Newcastle we played excellently and won with a great goal as opposed to a lucky penalty.

To be fair, if Chorley, or any non league club, had 38 seasons in a row where they came up against premier league opposition, you’d expect them to achieve at least one giant killing in all of that time. We managed one victory against premier league opposition in 38 games, making us pretty much as good as a non league team. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I think the problem we have now is that Sheffield United have gone so long without a win, this will be a shot of confidence to them. I think we got our win relatively early, we got the majority of our points before Christmas, and then it was all down hill from there. They’ve hit their bottom, and this is them now on an upward curve. 

Having seen them a fair few times this season, they are actually a decent side and work hard compared to what we were. 11 defeats by 1 goal shows how fine the margins have been.

i never really thought they’d break it and I still dont - but I really can’t see them getting above 15 points. 3 out of their next 4 is against top 5 opposition - they could very easily find themselves still on 5 points after 22 games and then I think their confidence would begin to wane. Especially if they are more than sort of 12 points from safety. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

Why don't they stack up ? Ok what I should've said was I,ve seen enough of them this season ....they don't get humped by fives and sixes like we did on a regular basis that season 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived