What is Tom Lawrence's Best Position?

Chris_Martin

What is Tom Lawrence's best position?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

when he gets the ball the question that comes into his head is: how do I score from here. Instead of "How do WE score". The defenders all know that, so even though he's talented he's not that hard to play against.  But very hard to play with.  

He should of been sacked by the club like Keogh for his part in the car smash last year. A disgrace to the club. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Norman said:

He's poo. He ducked over Cocu. I don't like him. I don't like his swagger when he's putting in the performances of a League 1 player.

I don't like the fact he makes Buchanan have to do more work than he should. 

I don't like him pussying out of tackles. 

I don't like him not wanting to head a ball. 

I just don't ducking like him. 

Whittaker would create more. Score more. Work harder. Track back more. Pass more. 

Come on Norman don't sit on the fence tell us what you really think of him.

I'm guessing you're not sending him a Christmas card this year,  I've got an inkling you don't like him mate. 

9 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

He should of been sacked by the club like Keogh for his part in the car smash last year. A disgrace to the club. 

dont disagree.  The line I guess they took was: the captain has to go, we will forgive MB and TL for following  him. But I think that was convenience rather than principle 

Lawrence plays best in the inside left position, or ‘number 10’. He was decent last season and overall had a positive season. He has talent and is hardworking generally. I disagree with some, he does track back - he’s just terrible once he’s in position. Lawrence’s demeanour doesn’t help him either. A cocky looking player. But I imagine his running stats will be pretty high. 

Lawrence’s main issue, as most of our forward player suffer from too, is that we are so slow to build play that he is crowded out and has little space to perform. Lawrence this season has been dogger though - constantly running into traffic. He was very poor against Cov and ok against Wycombe. His confidence, like others, is shot to bits. Needs a rest. Jozwiak prefers the left, so needs to have a good run in the team and see if he can cause some damage. 

1 hour ago, wollatonram said:

because which side shows him any respect? when was the last time he was double marked? when was the last time he caused any fullback real problems? when was the last time anybody had an interest in signing him?

he is awful

Nothing you say is actual fact, only opinion.

1 hour ago, Ramdale said:

Regardless of his best position, he shouldn't be anywhere near the team on current form. He looks a player completely void of any confidence and constantly makes poor decisions. He hasn't looked a goalscoring threat at all this season

I’m guessing he’s the only one in the team you could say that about and the rest are buoyant with confidence having scored so many of their threatening chances ??‍♂️ I bet the rest of the team is bang in form! 

I'm not sure what Tom's best position is but he is definitely under performing. He is so predictable at the moment. He receives the ball on the left and cuts back inside onto his right foot before 80% of the time playing the easy ball back to a defender or holding midfielder.

In my opinion he needs to be told/coached to 'mix it up' more. If he attacked down the outside more he would make it a lot more difficult for the opposition's defenders. He also needs to cut out the stupid, needless fouls he does.

I find him incredibly frustrating to watch - there's talent without a doubt but IMO he is guilty of consistently taking the wrong option during a game. 

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m guessing he’s the only one in the team you could say that about and the rest are buoyant with confidence having scored so many of their threatening chances ??‍♂️ I bet the rest of the team is bang in form! 

The thread is about Tom Lawrence. Stating my views on him. He has done nothing to justify his place in the team and its time others like Jozwiak, Ibe & Holmes were given the run of games he is afforded.

14 hours ago, Norman said:

He's poo. He ducked over Cocu. I don't like him. I don't like his swagger when he's putting in the performances of a League 1 player.

I don't like the fact he makes Buchanan have to do more work than he should. 

I don't like him pussying out of tackles. 

I don't like him not wanting to head a ball. 

I just don't ducking like him. 

Whittaker would create more. Score more. Work harder. Track back more. Pass more. 

Performances of a League one player ...

we better hang onto him then 

? 

Never reached his potential, too many inconsistencies, forever giving away stupid fouls, probably best suited to a central position rather than the wing because his crossing of the ball is more miss than hit.

Think Leicester  screwed us over on his fee and knew he wasn't going to be good enough for top flight football, and got several million more on his exceptional Ipswich performances.

Probably one of the players I would sell on if we could get back a large chunk  but at present would be lucky to recoup half of what we paid.

Let's hope he can step up to the plate and start reaching his potential, however we seem to keep saying this season upon season and his performance s  are at an all time low.

Archived