What is Tom Lawrence's Best Position?

Chris_Martin

What is Tom Lawrence's best position?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.4dd7191d55f4a5c8342d2d2d6caa26fc.png

Just imagine how good this could be with a decent manager in charge.

Anyone from Bird,Knight,Shinnie, in the no.6 and i think that could cause most defences in this league some problems. 

Similar to my lineup on Strongest XI topic.

image.png.feb0982f080d0775fd672dfce734d06b.png

I can’t vote because the best option for Derby county is that he is sold 

he is never going to get any better than what we have seen. 

he gives the ball away so much 

he makes no attempt to head the ball 

he can’t tackle and constantly gives fouls away in very bad positions 

he doesn’t cross from the bye line in fact when does he cross the ball

his shooting is actually fairly poor in terms of shots on target

maybe he thinks he has to do everything himself - he can’t - he doesn’t do the simple well frequently enough

we can’t start him every game if he only comes up with positive things every 9 or 10 games 

He clearly has talent but.....

Whatever his best position is, it definitely isn’t wide left.

he popped up the other day on the right wing and put a great ball across the face of the 6 yard box. He doesn’t produce that on the left. We saw some great curving balls from Fozzy which he could only hit because he was left footed. If we keep putting a right footer on the left then don’t be surprised when we haven’t created from that flank.
“but he cuts inside on his right foot”.......and he hasn’t scored in 11

cocu gave him the freedom to abandon the left flank and come central. Rooney seemed to give him that freedom too v Coventry. He’s more effective there, committing defenders and hopefully slipping someone else in.

so often though, he’s not interested in passing and just tries to shoot.  

i’d sell. I think we need to break the mould to move on.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So if he is regularly beating his man how is the converting into succesful crosses and shots on target?

It's not as simple as that. Other players have to make runs to drag opposition players away to create space. So many times Lawrence has had the ball with no one making runs or making themselves available to pass to so he kept getting crowded out and losing possession or trying to shoot and getting charged down. Then it's easy for people to say "Lawrence losing the ball again", "Another failed shot by Lawrence", "Get him off". 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight, Holmes, Sibley and Buchanan and Forsyth all have worse drivble success rates. I don't see any of them getting the abuse Lawrence is ?

The difference being the regularity of attempting to take his man on, something we should be praising - more successful dribbles than anyone else in our squad.

Can't remember seeing him beat his man on the outside in 3 and a half years now, surely the good dribblers have the talent of the defender not knowing which way they're going to go, ward for example was much more tricky.

Just now, chelloram said:

Can't remember seeing him beat his man on the outside in 3 and a half years now, surely the good dribblers have the talent of the defender not knowing which way they're going to go, ward for example was much more tricky.

He goes on the outside more often than people give him credit for

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I can’t vote because the best option for Derby county is that he is sold 

he is never going to get any better than what we have seen. 

he gives the ball away so much 

he makes no attempt to head the ball 

he can’t tackle and constantly gives fouls away in very bad positions 

he doesn’t cross from the bye line in fact when does he cross the ball

his shooting is actually fairly poor in terms of shots on target

maybe he thinks he has to do everything himself - he can’t - he doesn’t do the simple well frequently enough

we can’t start him every game if he only comes up with positive things every 9 or 10 games 

Better than when last season or under Lampard....your view is not seen by all our previous management teams who are slightly more qualified than your little dim Sparkle.Yes he will come good when the rest of the team come good too

Archived