Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

no chance...Bogle was defensively poor and massively overrated...Byrne was to blame for second goal but only because he was out of position during previous attack, the last ditch tackle in the six yard box in the second half against Bristol showed he's switched on unlike Bogle who was constantly getting beaten at the far post...check out wembley, Forest away, charlton away as examples ...Buchanan for me will be a top top player though although had a difficult time last night he looks a player

I guess we all see things differently, there’s no chance for me they Byrne is better than Bogle.

Agree with you about Buchanan though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Instead, he's crossing it to Lawrence, Jozwiak or Knight who are never going to win anything in the air against 6'2"+ CBs.

Or Waghorn too. None of whom seem to make themselves available in the box nor gamble on where the ball might go. 

7 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Anyone else notice Lawrence and Jozwiak seemed to be extremely angry from pretty much to first whistle?

They both probably disagreed with Waghorn and Rooney over something. 

2 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Rubbish, admittedly we were gambling when they scored their third. But second is unforgivable. And previous to that pass Rooney losing the ball. First goal, Lawrence terrible and question marks over Clarke’s position. Seriously basic errors. 

E447823D-A907-42C4-97F2-3AACA9FA9D1B.png

B9E54072-BC77-44B5-9364-B773571EDEBF.png

2nd picture is actually Wisdom fault. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

I noticed that Lawrence was a pile of dog mess from the first to the last whistle....and Jozwiak want much better...!

Lawrence needs dumping ASAP. 

Amazing how many times that's been said in the time Lawrence has been at this club and it never happens. He must be a absolute sniper in training or something lol

11 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Amazing how many times that's been said in the time Lawrence has been at this club and it never happens. He must be a absolute sniper in training or something lol

It's been said before you know in the first five or ten minutes if Lawrence is going to be having a good day and if he's not you can basically forget about him doing anything for the rest of the match. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's been said before you know in the first five or ten minutes if Lawrence is going to be having a good day and if he's not you can basically forget about him doing anything for the rest of the match. 

That logic does seem to be true. Rare he is subbed off though. Manager seemed convinced he will pull off a worldy any second now lol

Wasn’t sure where to post this thought, might have already been said.

trying to understand what factors might be influencing the issues with the mindset of our players. So here’s an idea - given the club clearly has financial issues, are the players getting paid, if not, how long has it been going on for.

what’s going on/ not going on behind the scenes with the new buyers must be unsettling whatever company line they say.

FWIW, in my view, shouting & swearing at any employee doesn’t usually motivate or give confidence either, so I disagreed with radio Derby on that

Finally, Steve Mac should become manager until the end of the season to get us out of this mess we’re in, then revert back to his new role. We’re just faffing about management wise at the minute. Is is usual for a club to have soooo many coaches BTW.

COYR, we can do it ?

Just now, RammingStone66 said:

Yep It really is incredible isn’t It. I struggle to think of 3 or 4 games he has been affective for us. Massive massive waste of money. 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

But I thought Clarke looked like a bunny in the headlights and I held my breath every time he was on the ball! So those stats don't tell the real story I think.

odd wasn't it, thought he looked great at the weekend, well comparatively speaking he did

14 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I think there were some positives last night! I mean it’s bad but if Middlesbrough hadn’t defended as well as they did we would have probably scored. 

if they hadn't scored we would have got a point

1 hour ago, Nishfan said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this thought, might have already been said.

trying to understand what factors might be influencing the issues with the mindset of our players. So here’s an idea - given the club clearly has financial issues, are the players getting paid, if not, how long has it been going on for.

This would be in the news if it was the case

what’s going on/ not going on behind the scenes with the new buyers must be unsettling whatever company line they say.

With the lawyers

FWIW, in my view, shouting & swearing at any employee doesn’t usually motivate or give confidence either, so I disagreed with radio Derby on that

Who said the manager needs to shout and swear at the players. There's a difference between that and shouting instructions to the players. Listen to an U23 game and the coaches are constantly shouting instructions out guiding players through the game.

Finally, Steve Mac should become manager until the end of the season to get us out of this mess we’re in, then revert back to his new role. We’re just faffing about management wise at the minute. Is is usual for a club to have soooo many coaches BTW.

I wouldn't be against it at this point 

COYR, we can do it ?

?

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I lost count the number of times a player (any player) dribbled forward with the ball and all other Derby players on the pitch ran as far away as possible to the one on the ball. Sibley, Knight and Jozwiak all got tackled a couple of times as a result as they had no one to pass to. Others such as Clarke had to turn around and pass it back to one of those in defence.

The one that annoyed me the most was when Sibley was running towards the box and Holmes ran into the space where Sibley was running so Sibley ended up getting crowded out, and lost the ball. Just so needless and stupid. 

21 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

LMFAO - you're two wins above us and giving it large despite having one of the largest pools of players in the division to choose from. I wouldn't be giving it the Smuggy McDuckface if I were you.

Two wins is 26 games worth for you lot..

Archived