Manager : If it was your choice who would you have ..?

neil62uk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So are Sheff Utd....do you think they will be sacking Wilder...?

Wilder got them promoted from League 1 as champions with a club record points total and then got them promoted by finishing 2nd in the Championship. He also did very well in his first season in the Prem.

Wilder has earned the a minimum  £300 million of extra revenue for the club and owners and has earned a stay of execution. I do not think the owners will keep him the entire season if they stay bottom though.

In comparison Cocu achieved very little with us and showed no signs of being able to change the clubs position. Going down to League 1 is lightyears away from being relegated from the Prem - we wont be getting any parachute payments if we go down.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Wilder got them promoted from League 1 as champions with a club record points total and then got them promoted by finishing 2nd in the Championship. He also did very well in his first season in the Prem.

Wilder has earned the a minimum  £300 million of extra revenue for the club and owners and has earned a stay of execution. I do not think the owners will keep him the entire season if they stay bottom though.

In comparison Cocu achieved very little with us and showed no signs of being able to change the clubs position. Going down to League 1 is lightyears away from being relegated from the Prem - we wont be getting any parachute payments if we go down.

Wilder is an insanely good manager, one of the best in the country and that is not up for debate.

He took a team of players that were cast offs from their previous teams in 90% of the cases and got them promoted over a Bielsa led Leeds. He then put them in the top 10 of the Premier League with by far and away the smallest investment of any club in the same division.

My admiration couldn’t be higher and if Sheff Utd sacked him then we should absolutely move heaven and earth to pick him straight back up. 

53 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If Terry came in and we played the style Villa are currently having success with in the Prem I'd go for it. Just want to see some entertaining, winning football, our squad is above average for the Championship and we should be in the top half and challenging for the top 6.

Correct. With the right person in charge the Team will be very good. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

89. Surely another 3 won’t matter. I’d say the standard of some of the topics is starting to emulate The Sun eg Rooney: is he too fat? Etc...Time for @Davidto get the editing scissors out I’d say. 

Been away for a couple of days, and look what happens to this place, just trying to catch up now. Give me a month.

I I could choose anyone at all, it would have to be Colin until the end of the season. We’re in a hole and it’ll take a certain kind of manager to get us out of it. 
Some of the alternatives mentioned would be ok if we’re top half material - unfortunately we aren’t as good as some seem to think. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

the guy doesn’t inspire in interviews, he sounds pretty boring quite honestly and anything but motivational ... throwing down his medals and caps isn’t going to motivate players in the heat of battle 

You seriously think he's going to go troppo for the media? He's obviously learnt to be very careful what he says in media interviews!

Ralf Rangnick - Would be the perfect option for a director of football/head coach role after doing great work with the Red Bull teams. German style football has worked well in the championship previously and is currently out of work. Would be expensive but if we have money and are looking to build who better than the man who has built some of the best academies and a team challenging in champions league football.

4:40 - "square passes were avoided as they only wasted valuable time, according to Rangnick" 

Very difficult choice-no-one really inspiring thats why its sad Cocu hasn't worked out as it felt something different.Quite a few people seem happy with Big Sam and his style of football,should we consider someone like Gareth Ainsworth done a tremendous job to get Wycombe into the championship obviously struggling this season but was always going to with the very limited player pool and budget.

Archived