Manager : If it was your choice who would you have ..?

neil62uk

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lampard wasn't too good with that either. ?

Rooney just doesn’t strike me as motivational based on very little than what Iv seen in interviews which I realise is no gage at all

i just like the idea of my manager to be able to hold a room, is clear and concise, inspirational in the way he conducts himself 

I just don’t get that impression from him

hey I’m a hard taskmaster what can I say lol ? 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You seriously think he's going to go troppo for the media? He's obviously learnt to be very careful what he says in media interviews!

I am genuinely surprised at u Roy 

I had u down as a bit old Skool... in a good way 

And wouldn’t be one for one of these big time Charlie’s 

uv changed lol ? 

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh It wouldn’t at all, Don’t worry about me after all We will be getting a dirty scouser as manager. 

Wayne Rooney as manager, Bobby Duncan scoring the winner at Wembley to take us up with Steven Gerrard in the crowd. What dreams are made of.

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think from the media interviews that concentrate on Rooney's footballing intelligence, the few positive quotes from our current squad and his attitude to the game, I'm keen on seeing how he does. 

I also wouldn't object to being managed by a 'big time Charlie' (although some of the Daily Fail names make you shudder!), as someone famous once said '...there's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about'! ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

uv changed lol ? 

Don’t worry. Whoever we appoint he’ll be leading the calls for their head sooner than most.

It’s happened with all of the last three managers. 

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Don’t worry. Whoever we appoint he’ll be leading the calls for their head sooner than most.

It’s a good tactic to be fair, if you call it first you can claim to be visionary, could see it would never work and you’ll be unable to prove otherwise as every manager will inevitably leave at some point.

Things get a little tricky if you’re in the top 6 and winning games though, you have to move the goalposts slightly and complain about the style of football. Style of football argument can never be lost as it’s a personal choice.

Very clever when you start to think about it ?

1 hour ago, David said:

Wayne Rooney as manager, Bobby Duncan scoring the winner at Wembley to take us up with Steven Gerrard in the crowd. What dreams are made of.

You forgot to add “and all funded by dirty money from Andean state that still thinks it’s acceptable to have slaves”

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think from the media interviews that concentrate on Rooney's footballing intelligence, the few positive quotes from our current squad and his attitude to the game, I'm keen on seeing how he does. 

I also wouldn't object to being managed by a 'big time Charlie' (although some of the Daily Fail names make you shudder!), as someone famous once said '...there's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about'! ?

That must make nigel clough and chris Martin legends then lol 

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’ll be counting the minutes down from when the appointment happens to the time of his first ‘in or out’ poll ?

5 hours ago, Van Rammeister said:

I’ve said before that I personally don’t get the Paul Cook obsession round here.

Is he really what we need? Is he properly proven and good enough?

Interestingly, that’s who many of the Bristol Rovers fans want for their new manager, and he’s 12-1 for them.

Question is, without having a sense of entitlement, should we be fishing in the same pond at Rovers for the new boss?

Bookies and fans wish lists don’t really count when writing off if a manager is worthy or not, surely?!

If they did then I’ve seen Benitez linked with Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Newcastle, all at 12/1 or better...does that mean these teams should snub him because he’s linked by Bookies and Derby fans to low league Derby? 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Gary Rowett but I know I’ll get shot down by a lot on here.

Best manager apart from Mac in the last decade here 

Particularly loved it when we lost 4-1 at home to relegation bound Sunderland with our squad of expensive veterans.

Archived