Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CornwallRam said:

£60m is an interesting figure

If it includes Pride Park we might have an issue. You just know the EFL will take that as proof the graound was overvalued and dock us 23 points. 

I'd be happy if Mel kept the ground as insurance that the Sheikh isn't using the club as another way to buy land investment opportunity or any other malicious means.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he's leasing it back to the club, and after a while getting repaid all the money he's invested.

2 minutes ago, Shang said:

I'd be happy if Mel kept the ground as insurance that the Sheikh isn't using the club as another way to buy land investment opportunity or any other malicious means.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he's leasing it back to the club, and after a while getting repaid all the money he's invested.

Yes makes sense otherwise i doubt if the EFL would of approved the take over

Good news that the EFL have approved the takeover, but it’s a bit worrying that it could potentially be a month until it goes through. We could be cut adrift with Cocu still in charge by that point. Just have to hope that the DET is right and it’s done next week, so we can get rid of Cocu over the international break, and hopefully bring in a manager who can turn us around.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

If it includes Pride Park we might have an issue. You just know the EFL will take that as proof the graound was overvalued and dock us 23 points. 

How are we going to get 23 points so that they can dock us same.

22 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

There was a time I’d consider this done deal and written in stone. But the way that poo-rag is ran these days, and Nicholson has to beg for scraps from the club, I won’t take this as gospel...

I take it from the use of 'imminent' that Nicko is itk but the news is embargoed? Well I think he's a good journo but the DET is no longer worthy of using the word news!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a gut feeling that this isn't the best thing for the club.

I know Mel would have done everything possible to make sure these people are right for the club and I have no reason to doubt them other than the gut feeling.

I couldn't give a monkeys where they are from, I just hope they prove me wrong and do wonders for the club. I really hope we don't have to get the RPG back together.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a gut feeling that this isn't the best thing for the club.

I know Mel would have done everything possible to make sure these people are right for the club and I have no reason to doubt them other than the gut feeling

I think we all 'fear' the unknown side of this. Could they be another SISU or similar. But the place I approach it from is although there's farther for the club to fall (I hope not!), it could happen (has been doing) with Mel too. So nothing to lose really, everything to gain. #fingerscrossed #COYR

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we all 'fear' the unknown side of this. Could they be another SISU or similar. But the place I approach it from is although there's farther for the club to fall (I hope not!), it could happen (has been doing) with Mel too. So nothing to lose really, everything to gain. #fingerscrossed #COYR

It’s a risk that has to be taken, clear Mel has wanted to step back for a couple of years, he’s tried everything put a lot of his own money in and it just hasn’t worked out, I’m sure he’s selling for the right reasons, to what he probably has chose who he think is best to take Derby forward 

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Two points:

1) What an asset is valued at is never necessarily what someone will pay for it.

2) The proposed purchase price, which will surely include the ground, reflects the fact that the underlying trading business is bleeding cash. I can’t be arsed to follow our Accounts, but before player transactions I would hazard a guess the Club is still losing somewhere around £15m a year.  Then there is a questionable current income stream with fans prohibited from going to games.

Archived