Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Yes, it was the top story around 3:15/3:30 so if you could catch the 4 o’clock edition I should think that’s what they will lead with.

Seen it, done it. Got the tee shirt. Thank you, PR. It is fair to say that Wayne wanted this job and that he is determined to get us promoted. Go to it, young man.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Yes, i'm feeling quite flush with it all, can't wait to get back in the ground next season with a full house in.

We have a pair of aces in Wayne and Schteeeeeve. Instead of backgammon, we will be going forwards now. Rummy days may well be over.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We have a pair of aces in Wayne and Schteeeeeve. Instead of backgammon, we will be going forwards now. Rummy days may well be over.

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

Lady Gaga was so impressed with those puns, she has written a song to join in the fun....can't remember the title...

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Christ mate it's no good asking me, it's all a mystery to me! ? I imagine it'll be to do with tax though, somehow.

Likely to be part of it - especially if you have dormant companies with accumulated losses in the chain then you can make profits further down the chain, pay them up, offset the profit against the loss and reduce your tax bill overall.

Plus, actually liquidating a limited company (even a dormant one) is a procedural ball-ache and can take 18 months or so to complete - it's often operationally simpler to leave be and get exemptions where possible from regulatory filings etc

Thirdly, for Derby, I think there was a deliberate decision to separate out the bits of the club as in theory it is easier to sell a part by just selling that corporate entity - an alternative approach would be to have academy, catering, dcfc, stadium all in one entity.

2 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I feel like they will be more like silent investors and you won't really hear them say anything or see them in conferences and you'll probably only see them during games in the stands,  do the man City owners ever make an appearance or say anything? I'm not sure 

Most football clubs appear to be purchased as “vanity/platform” projects for the new owners.

Even Mel likes the odd spot on TalkSport.

Given the statement yesterday and today’s Rooney announcement I’m afraid I don’t hold out much hope for the deal with the Sheik being completed. 

I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Archived