Abu Derby County

tinman

WHAT COULD HAPPEN.  

By Monday all the paperwork is complete and the Derventio Holdings are the new owners of the club. Tuesday, another sub-company belonging to the Sheikh buys Derby's training ground for £200M. This puts the Rams accounts well in the profits and Wayne brings in some top talents with some spending money from the sale.

I think I might have another beer.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was initially dead against Rooney taking over, wanting someone with more experience.  But he's done well, won me over, and I'm really pleased he's in place. 

I don't personally think this has any bearing on takeover.  I think anyone would have seen it made sense to give him the job; ie. Current and new owners would not have a different view on that.  Mel happy to appoint as if it falls through he'd appoint him anyway

I still remain highly sceptical any money will arrive

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Moving your controlling stake from your name to a company you 100% own doesn’t change anything!

Well you need to inform Companies House then.

So if Gellaw Newco 203 default on  their loan repayments to MSD then there is nothing to worry about as MM will still be in charge of DCFC?

49 minutes ago, sage said:

I can't wait till we are walking over the pontoon bridge again from Chadd

We are going to need some poker faces when negotiating transfers. A bit of bluff may increase our winnings if we can sign the right players. We need to go in on the blind side, keep our cards close to our chest and not brag if we think that we have got a bargain. We also need to avoid red and yellow cards so that we do not.look like the jokers. We could soon pack out Pride Park if we develop a winning team. First we must bridge the gap between us and the top six before we can play at the top table.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

We are going to need some poker faces when negotiating transfers. A bit of bluff may increase our winnings if we can sign the right players. We need to go in on the blind side, keep our cards close to our chest and not brag if we think that we have got a bargain. We also need to avoid red and yellow cards so that we do not.look like the jokers. We could soon pack out Pride Park if we develop a winning team. First we must bridge the gap between us and the top six before we can play at the top table.

All this punning for canasta stop!

It does again highlight the absolute trust that Mel et al. have in this deal though doesn't it?

The Cocu sacking was supposedly decided in conjunction with the Sheikh. Now it seems that the decision to finally appoint Rooney has happened in a similar way.

Of all the things that Mel could be reasonably criticised for, I don't think anyone could truthfully say he's stupid. There has to be a reason why this faith is being shown to someone who has apparently not coughed up a penny yet.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well you need to inform Companies House then.

So if Gellaw Newco 203 default on  their loan repayments to MSD then there is nothing to worry about as MM will still be in charge of DCFC?

I also thought the filing looked weird but according to the UKGOV site you don’t need to make a filing if your shareholder is an English company. So I think the reorg allowed the filing to be removed even tho - as @rammieibsays, MM still controls. 

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I also thought the filing looked weird but according to the UKGOV site you don’t need to make a filing if your shareholder is an English company. So I think the reorg allowed the filing to be removed even tho - as @rammieibsays, MM still controls. 

Nope MM doesnt control.

Gellaw Newco 203 controls. 

MM control Gellaw Newco 203.

13 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Everything suggests it still could go ahead...Mel clearly still hopes and believes so.. 

I just struggle to happily imagine a scenario where the way its playing out bodes well. Whether the Sheik is desperately trying to convince new investors or wants to manipulate us to drive the price down or simply is taking an age to go through the small print...none of it makes me think we can't wait to flex our financial muscle in the transfer market for starters. 

All the initial excitement has definitely faded and I just can't wait for an outcome either way.

Yes, an outcome is what we await. A positive outcome with a bright future is now just pipe dreams, unfortunately. 

Archived