Abu Derby County

tinman

Perhaps the sale is dependent upon our retaining our Championship status, hence the reason that it is taking a long time to conclude. 
Obviously if things carry on as they are doing on the pitch, then it will never happen. 

Either that or the sheikh is demanding a significant reduction in the selling price due to our perilous state. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I wonder if things are taking time because it is a complex transaction involving £60m and perhaps as many as 5 operating companies?

Dunna be daft, got to be as simple as getting on the phone to Mel, paying by credit card and Mel saying 'Great, i'll pop you the keys in the post, pleasure doing business'

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Perhaps the sale is dependent upon our retaining our Championship status, hence the reason that it is taking a long time to conclude. 
Obviously if things carry on as they are doing on the pitch, then it will never happen. 

Either that or the sheikh is demanding a significant reduction in the selling price due to our perilous state. 

These thoughts have occurred to me too. The initial talks were supposedly in May, when we were top of the Championship form table. The Derventio company was set up in September as a vehicle to buy the club, when the new season had just started. The situation now is completely different. If there was a chance of Derby being a League One club next year a potential buyer might want a price reduction or to pull out completely. He's not a lifelong Derby fan (as far as we know); he wanted to buy a Premier League club previously, and dropped down to the Championship for Derby. He's never shown any interest in buying a a club in the third tier.

33 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Although things are absolutely dire at the minute, I do think the takeover is all but done.

It sounds like Sheikh Khaled has been negotiating with DELL on the terms of the stadium mortgage, so it sounds like once that has been agreed and paperwork exchanged the takeover will be announced.

8 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Yesterday's result was in my opinion the final nail in the coffin for this takeover.

Too much of a gamble now and the Arabs don't bet.

Don’t think they eat pork either. I would change your avatar this week if I was you. I would bet some good money the deal is concluded Tuesday/announced Wednesday.

Strangely I don't believe being the championship or League One will matter to an investor, however it might matter to how much the club will be brought for. An investor hopefully will be looking at the total package not just current form.

Its pretty clear we aren't going to be in the premier league next year maybe not the year after. One thing is clear we have a great stadium with lots of revenue streams (post covid) and the option to expanded. We have a world class training facility and fan base just waiting for success.

Remember 2007-2008 (the worst team in history, till now) the stadium was still sold out nearly every game.

If any investor is serious about the project even possible relegation should not put them off, in fact it may make Derby more tempting.

In 1985 we finished mid table of the 3rd division (league one) by 1989 we finished 5th in the top flight (premier league) It's been done before.

Maybe they thought we would be in the top 6 by the time the deal went through, then spend a bit in Jan and push on for autos or playoffs at least, now looking at the mess unfolding they are having second thoughts........or the angry, jealous unknown Geordie was right, and they are potless......I'm having serious doubts this takeover is gonna happen, not in my lifetime, whenever I hear next few days now, it's like counting down in dog years

I have more realistic expectations now with these new owners.

I was looking forward to a clean sweep, a new regime...when Mansour went into Man City he replaced every single position, whereas all we are doing it seems is replacing the plaque above the pub door with a new landlord name.

Mel is staying, Pearce is staying, Steve Mac is back for a 5th time and everyone at the club is doing everything in their power to appoint Rooney as manager.

New money same old mistakes.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Percys been pretty quiet on the subject for a good two weeks.

Way too quiet 

He will know no more than anyone else I am guessing there is a non disclosure clause in operation to stop any leaks. 

Also I have posted before that the middle Eastern journalist say this is the way they do business.... No statements or comments until the deal is completed and all the contracts signed and watertight. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Although things are absolutely dire at the minute, I do think the takeover is all but done.

It sounds like Sheikh Khaled has been negotiating with DELL on the terms of the stadium mortgage, so it sounds like once that has been agreed and paperwork exchanged the takeover will be announced.

Didn’t Mel buy the ground from the club? Thought that’s where all the EFL nonsense started to escalate. Surely Mel has to agree the completion of the DELL deal not the new owners. 

1 hour ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

Strangely I don't believe being the championship or League One will matter to an investor, however it might matter to how much the club will be brought for. An investor hopefully will be looking at the total package not just current form.

Its pretty clear we aren't going to be in the premier league next year maybe not the year after. One thing is clear we have a great stadium with lots of revenue streams (post covid) and the option to expanded. We have a world class training facility and fan base just waiting for success.

Remember 2007-2008 (the worst team in history, till now) the stadium was still sold out nearly every game.

If any investor is serious about the project even possible relegation should not put them off, in fact it may make Derby more tempting.

In 1985 we finished mid table of the 3rd division (league one) by 1989 we finished 5th in the top flight (premier league) It's been done before.

Interesting thought but surely it would. The only benefit financially would be Premier League. We are now under threat of League 1 football and with restrictions will struggle to bankroll way out of it if we go down. Proposed takeover is for a club on verge of playoffs etc. Can't see league 1 team as good prospect for investment really. Would not surprise me if takeover collapsed due to our position. Hopefully all will be ok but there needs to be a plan B. There would have been no thought about league 1 football next year until now.

24 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Didn’t Mel buy the ground from the club? Thought that’s where all the EFL nonsense started to escalate. Surely Mel has to agree the completion of the DELL deal not the new owners. 

not so sure. Going forward, the Sheikh obviously needs to own or control the stadium.   It seems he wants the mortgage debt to stay in place. So from Dell's point of view he is the future controller or customer. So I'd guess the detailed negotiations will mostly be with him not MM.  

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

not so sure. Going forward, the Sheikh obviously needs to own or control the stadium.   It seems he wants the mortgage debt to stay in place. So from Dell's point of view he is the future controller or customer. So I'd guess the detailed negotiations will mostly be with him not MM.  

Why do you think the Sheikh wants the loan debt to stay in place. I haven’t read one bit of news to suggest that. It would be a nonsense to take on that loan.

As for the settlement of the Dell loan, there will be nothing to negotiate there. The loan agreement signed when the loan was taken will fully detail the termination conditions. The simple repayment of the loan will effect the discharge of the legal charges over the assets of Mel’s various companies. The only thing that might be material presently is that there might be early repayment penalties, or bre@k dates when the loan can be repaid. Perhaps month end is relevant because of those factors.

Archived