Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

What concerns me is that West Brom are up for sale, asking price£150 mill. Who would you buy us or them ?

There’s no way the would be able to break off the deal to us and then attempt to but West Brom, the they’ve already had multiple attempts at buying an English club, I highly doubt they’ll get another chance if this one falls through, their credibility is all but non existent as it is 

Just now, Derbados said:

There’s no way the would be able to break off the deal to us and then attempt to but West Brom, the they’ve already had multiple attempts at buying an English club, I highly doubt they’ll get another chance if this one falls through, their credibility is all but non existent as it is 

Their credibility? How do you know how the other possible sales were their fault for falling through?

People need to just calm down and let the sale go through when it's ready. Too many knickers in a twist. God knows how some people run their lives when they get so uptight about a football club. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Why do you think the Sheikh wants the loan debt to stay in place. I haven’t read one bit of news to suggest that. It would be a nonsense to take on that loan.

As for the settlement of the Dell loan, there will be nothing to negotiate there. The loan agreement signed when the loan was taken will fully detail the termination conditions. The simple repayment of the loan will effect the discharge of the legal charges over the assets of Mel’s various companies. The only thing that might be material presently is that there might be early repayment penalties, or bre@k dates when the loan can be repaid. Perhaps month end is relevant because of those factors.

Like Ted McMinn, we've all read that the Sheikh is in negotiations with Dell. So the indication is he wants the loan to stay in place, why otherwise would he be talking to them? Yes it is possible that all he is discussing is prepayment penalties. But unlikely - MM would probably lead that discussion and it would be a short one.  

You say 'it would be a nonsense to take on' the loan. Isn't this guesswork? You'd need at the very least to know the detailed loan terms, the overall structure of the Derventio sale and MM's and the Sheikh's tax advice. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Like Ted McMinn, we've all read that the Sheikh is in negotiations with Dell. So the indication is he wants the loan to stay in place, why otherwise would he be talking to them? Yes it is possible that all he is discussing is prepayment penalties. But unlikely - MM would probably lead that discussion and it would be a short one.  

You say 'it would be a nonsense to take on' the loan. Isn't this guesswork? You'd need at the very least to know the detailed loan terms, the overall structure of the Derventio sale and MM's and the Sheikh's tax advice. 

Re. The Sheikh’s negotiations with Dell. Please could you or @Ted McMinn Football Genius, or indeed anyone, please supply me with a copy of the article that everyone seems to have read but me?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Re. The Sheikh’s negotiations with Dell. Please could you or @Ted McMinn Football Genius, or indeed anyone, please supply me with a copy of the article that everyone seems to have read but me?

I was referring to the article Nutfly mentioned in his earlier post. I assumed Ted McMinn (FG) was too. I also recall that Steve N said the same but not sure about that tbh

Nutfly

Posted Thursday at 21:36

"Derby's takeover by Sheikh Khaled is still on course to go through, but has been delayed by negotiations involving American investors MSD Capital and the prospective new owners.

MSD Capital provided Derby with one substantial loan earlier this year and paperwork is still being exchanged between the two parties before the takeover can be concluded."

21 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Maybe they thought we would be in the top 6 by the time the deal went through, then spend a bit in Jan and push on for autos or playoffs at least, now looking at the mess unfolding they are having second thoughts........or the angry, jealous unknown Geordie was right, and they are potless......I'm having serious doubts this takeover is gonna happen, not in my lifetime, whenever I hear next few days now, it's like counting down in dog years

Hello again all - I do hope the above wasn’t referring to me.  I was neither angry nor jealous - just curious.  The Saudi state is still keen to buy Newcastle - if wanting ludicrously wealthy & ethically iffy ownership was the desire, then there’s no better than being potentially owned by the Saudis.    Personally, I’m in that tiny minority who would rather continue being mediocre than be owned by Mohammed bin Salman.  

Popped over to see how it was going - hadn’t seen an announcement in the press yet.

It was around this time with NUFC’s ‘takeover’ that stories started coming out that BZG were seeking funding from venture capitalists to fund their purchase of the club.  Midhat (has he turned up yet?) was talking baalocks to supporters during the same period.

Again, for those who somehow think that their ‘bids’ for LFC & NUFC were rejected - the simple truth is BZG never bid.  They asked how much the clubs were available for, were given a price, then mouthed off about how they’d ‘agreed a price’.  That would be like me walking into a Ferrari dealership, asking how much the car over there is, and walking out having ‘agreed the sale’.  They failed because when asked to pay a deposit, they couldn’t stump up the cash.

That does not mean that this is what is happening at DCFC.  They may well have sourced funding to buy the club. But if they have there’s a good chance that it is a leveraged purchase.  I hope you’ve got decent local journalists / fanzines who can look over this stuff should the sale eventually go through.  

edit:  a link to one of our better fanzines, true faith, talking about the venture capital / confidence sapping stuff which came out a few weeks after the initial flurry of excitement https://www.true-faith.co.uk/the-patter-takeover-update/

Archived