Abu Derby County

tinman

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Reckon we'll hear about the takeover soon. But not the manager. Latest statement says they are not even speaking to anyone.

Think the plan is to stay up this year courtesy of WR under the weather eye of SM. Then to appoint a permanent manager in the summer when we spend money. Not sure we'll spend much in Jan. Perhaps the permanent manager will be WR, but I doubt it.  SM will have a big say in that. But if WR can't get some results soon, we might see SM or a scrapper appointed for 6 months to keep us up.

If that’s the plan, then we’re going to fail. We don’t need an interim manager, we need a proper manager. Rooney would take us down.

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Reckon we'll hear about the takeover soon. But not the manager. Latest statement says they are not even speaking to anyone.

Think the plan is to stay up this year courtesy of WR under the weather eye of SM. Then to appoint a permanent manager in the summer when we spend money. Not sure we'll spend much in Jan. Perhaps the permanent manager will be WR, but I doubt it.  SM will have a big say in that. But if WR can't get some results soon, we might see SM or a scrapper appointed for 6 months to keep us up.

I think there are a number of problems with waiting to appoint a manager until the summer. If Rooney keeps us up by the skin of our teeth in unconvincing style then (given where we are) he will feel that he deserves a transfer window and another season. If however we get rid of him anyway or we go down and get rid then we start the manager recruitment process in the summer then we will squander the summer transfer window and the new manager will have a squad of complete strangers to pick from in pre-season so will not be clear in their priorities.

I want to see whoever is in charge brought with enough time to turn this disastrous season round and have all the plans in place for the summer. Lampard's protracted move to Chelsea threw away much of our opportunity to do anything with the squad and that definitely hampered Cocu.

On 30/11/2020 at 09:05, Newcastle Fan said:

Hello again all - I do hope the above wasn’t referring to me.  I was neither angry nor jealous

I don't think that you are angry or jealous, after your initial post there was a few replies with these sorts of words used so I just continue to use them as a pointer to you pal.....

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It was 100% going to be before today's game if it wasn't after today's game. 

If it is after today's game, that's only because it didn't happen before the game kicked off.

All hail the new ITK'er. ?