Abu Derby County

tinman

15 hours ago, Richard246 said:

It’s not Rooney.

New owners have someone in mind told this morning.

New owners have someone in mind told this morning.

Well let’s wait and see maybe right maybe wrong.its very interesting times ahead and I am looking forward to it.

Exciting times ahead we will be happy rams.

Please... I beg you... Do not blurt the name out on here!

We are so close to all this being finalised, and it's patently obvious that should anyone mention the name on a public internet forum at this stage, the whole deal will almost certainly fall through.
Keep it to yourself, mate.  You can always come on here after the official announcement, to tell us all that you already knew who it was going to be.  Your rep will remain untarnished, and this mega-deal doesn't get scuppered at the 11th hour.  Everybody's happy!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, europia said:

You would have to ask Mike Ashley about that. I think the point he (Ashley) was making was that the guy might have been exaggerating his wealth somewhat.  

Yes obviously, but as I said the point is that you don't get rich throwing money away unnecessarily. Ashley is also apparently worth billions - why he is haggling over such a tiny amount of wealth. You can't read anything into it - just because you are rich doesn't mean you just piddle money down the toilet.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We are so close to all this being finalised, and it's patently obvious that should anyone mention the name on a public internet forum at this stage, the whole deal will almost certainly fall through.
Keep it to yourself, mate.  You can always come on here after the official announcement, to tell us all that you already knew who it was going to be.  Your rep will remain untarnished, and this mega-deal doesn't get scuppered at the 11th hour.  Everybody's happy!

He has no idea who it is. He will not say who then when whoever gets it say thats who it was. He's probably Barry the ram scouring the forum 

11 hours ago, europia said:

You would have to ask Mike Ashley about that. I think the point he (Ashley) was making was that the guy might have been exaggerating his wealth somewhat.  

I wouldn’t concern yourself too much what Ashley says. He has supposedly been close to selling Newcastle 8 times. I wouldn’t suggest you do click on the link below, which provides info on 6 others in addition to his two recent efforts (to Sheikh Khaled and a separate Saudi consortium).

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sold-october-2009-six-times-15503410

One might come to the conclusion that Ashley is a time waster with no intention of selling his club.

Tbh can it get much better than a Dutch legend that smashed the Dutch league multiple times and made the club money on players and scored a huge amount of goals doing it?

At this point I don't think any manager could make me happy. 

If we find love again they'll just cheat on us. Again. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Tbh can it get much better than a Dutch legend that smashed the Dutch league multiple times and made the club money on players and scored a huge amount of goals doing it?

Personally the optimum manager would be one who has a great track record at this level and plays decent football, so really there is none but I'd prefer a Cook type over a Cocu, someone who knows what they are doing in English football is a must. 

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah. This is why I can't be arsed to post on anything other than a couple of lines here and there on any Cocu or next manager threads.

There's no point discussing Cocu's now, it's in the past, he's gone, there's nothing more to talk about - everything that's possible to say has been said. Further discussion is either a pointless waste of energy (for those who want to talk about any positives) or twisting the knife (for those who want to pore over everything that went wrong).

Next manager? Meh. Not one single name interests me, because I can see massive downsides for every potential new manager.

All I see is people listing a bunch of preconceptions based on what happened at other clubs, but I couldn't really give a toss about what someone did elsewhere in a completely different situation, with completely different players, finances, expectations, personal circumstances, backroom teams etc so it all feels irrelevant.

People are suggested but there's no sound logic involved, but then again our last appointment was a very logical one on paper, and look how that turned out, so using logic is pointless too.  Then there's the constant quoting of meaningless bookies odds, christ, shoot me.

I think we're pretty much screwed until January, whoever is in charge. The new owners might splurge a load of money on new players, undo the youth policy, cut off the academy coaches from the first team. They might sign nobody and leave us with CKR & Waghorn as our central strikers all season.

They might appoint a world class manager, but they might also be type to sack that manager 5 games into his tenure if he doesn't win at least 4 of them, and we'll be back where we are now.

I've not got the energy for it. I can't be arsed to argue about it, I find myself skipping 3-4 pages of a topic at a time because reading them in full feels like a chore, a waste of effort.

If human hibernation was a thing...

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Liking the reverse psychology!

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yeah. This is why I can't be arsed to post on anything other than a couple of lines here and there on any Cocu or next manager threads.

There's no point discussing Cocu's now, it's in the past, he's gone, there's nothing more to talk about - everything that's possible to say has been said. Further discussion is either a pointless waste of energy (for those who want to talk about any positives) or twisting the knife (for those who want to pore over everything that went wrong).

Next manager? Meh. Not one single name interests me, because I can see massive downsides for every potential new manager.

All I see is people listing a bunch of preconceptions based on what happened at other clubs, but I couldn't really give a toss about what someone did elsewhere in a completely different situation, with completely different players, finances, expectations, personal circumstances, backroom teams etc so it all feels irrelevant.

People are suggested but there's no sound logic involved, but then again our last appointment was a very logical one on paper, and look how that turned out, so using logic is pointless too.  Then there's the constant quoting of meaningless bookies odds, christ, shoot me.

I think we're pretty much screwed until January, whoever is in charge. The new owners might splurge a load of money on new players, undo the youth policy, cut off the academy coaches from the first team. They might sign nobody and leave us with CKR & Waghorn as our central strikers all season.

They might appoint a world class manager, but they might also be type to sack that manager 5 games into his tenure if he doesn't win at least 4 of them, and we'll be back where we are now.

I've not got the energy for it. I can't be arsed to argue about it, I find myself skipping 3-4 pages of a topic at a time because reading them in full feels like a chore, a waste of effort.

If human hibernation was a thing...

I'm trying hard not to, but I feel the same way mate.

All hope has gone.

We can discuss the merits and the failings of Mr Cocu for eternity (and beyond) but ultimately in football (as in most sports) you are judged by results. 

No matter what you achieved in past both as player or a manager your always judged on the here and now,because that is all matter to club owners and fans 

I think through it all even at times when wasn't easy and luck seem to desert him,  he always appeared dignified, open and  honest. 

All I can say is thanks for trying to do the best you could.

Good luck to him in his next job. 

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm trying hard not to, but I feel the same way mate.

All hope has gone.

I wouldn't go that far tbf

There's still hope - it just can't, isn't & shouldn't be attached to anything or anyone in particular, because we'll only end up with entrenched views before an appointment is even made.

We've just got to wait and see what happens.

No point setting ourselves up for a fall.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I wouldn't go that far tbf

There's still hope - it just can't, isn't & shouldn't be attached to anything or anyone in particular, because we'll only end up with entrenched views before an appointment is even made.

We've just got to wait and see what happens.

No point setting ourselves up for a fall.

Aye. I just mean that I could see the Mel/Cocu plan - building from the academy. I thought it would bring long term, sustainable success.

However, it will never be allowed to happen without the comfort blanket of results in the shorter term.

I do hope we can find a manager that can achieve both short and long term success.

Unfortunately, I cannot see it in any of the suggested candidates - or, more correctly, none of them have me feeling particularly "enthused". However, I am not the one making the decision. And, more importantly, as you imply, who can tell until they are in post and had some time.

Maybe Terry or Rooney will bring us what we want. Maybe Gregory is the answer (I'd be very surprised).

After all, I - amongst many - was underwhelmed when TBE was appointed and that didn't work out too badly.

COYR ?

Archived