Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Tbh can it get much better than a Dutch legend that smashed the Dutch league multiple times and made the club money on players and scored a huge amount of goals doing it?

At this point I don't think any manager could make me happy. 

If we find love again they'll just cheat on us. Again. 

I'm hoping for an entirely "meh" reaction on my own part

That's what I had when we appointed Macca the first time - Just a "meh, well I guess that's a thing" followed by a year or so of loving it and a crushing disappointment when we binned him for (IMO) no reason 

If we hadn't sacked him we'd be (obviously) sitting pretty in PL mid-table debating whether Sibley can come in to replace Hughes, Thorne would have just had his 20th England cap having not had any more injuries and fixed the DM problem we have at a national level, Martin would have been recognised as a class PL worthy striker and Jonny Russell would be approaching 1 million appearances for the club having developed his tenacity so much he'd become able to play 4 positions simultaneously and 7 games a week at every level

20 hours ago, Richard246 said:

New owners have someone in mind told this morning.

Well let’s wait and see maybe right maybe wrong.its very interesting times ahead and I am looking forward to it.

His first is in Bull but not in Poo,

His second is in Smell but not in Rat,

His third is in Click but not in Bait...

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Yeah. This is why I can't be arsed to post on anything other than a couple of lines here and there on any Cocu or next manager threads.

There's no point discussing Cocu's now, it's in the past, he's gone, there's nothing more to talk about - everything that's possible to say has been said. Further discussion is either a pointless waste of energy (for those who want to talk about any positives) or twisting the knife (for those who want to pore over everything that went wrong).

Next manager? Meh. Not one single name interests me, because I can see massive downsides for every potential new manager.

All I see is people listing a bunch of preconceptions based on what happened at other clubs, but I couldn't really give a toss about what someone did elsewhere in a completely different situation, with completely different players, finances, expectations, personal circumstances, backroom teams etc so it all feels irrelevant.

People are suggested but there's no sound logic involved, but then again our last appointment was a very logical one on paper, and look how that turned out, so using logic is pointless too.  Then there's the constant quoting of meaningless bookies odds, christ, shoot me.

I think we're pretty much screwed until January, whoever is in charge. The new owners might splurge a load of money on new players, undo the youth policy, cut off the academy coaches from the first team. They might sign nobody and leave us with CKR & Waghorn as our central strikers all season.

They might appoint a world class manager, but they might also be type to sack that manager 5 games into his tenure if he doesn't win at least 4 of them, and we'll be back where we are now.

I've not got the energy for it. I can't be arsed to argue about it, I find myself skipping 3-4 pages of a topic at a time because reading them in full feels like a chore, a waste of effort.

If human hibernation was a thing...

8ae.gif

19 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

Had a dream last night that it was Wenger.  Is that good or bad?

9 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Depends.

What were you both doing?

1 minute ago, ramant62 said:

Playing golf actually, something I have never done before. Do you think its an omen, me starting to play golf I mean, not Arsen coming lol

Did he suggest you consider shortening your shaft?  If he did, then yes, this is a very good thing indeed.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I'm hoping for an entirely "meh" reaction on my own part

That's what I had when we appointed Macca the first time - Just a "meh, well I guess that's a thing" followed by a year or so of loving it and a crushing disappointment when we binned him for (IMO) no reason 

If we hadn't sacked him we'd be (obviously) sitting pretty in PL mid-table debating whether Sibley can come in to replace Hughes, Thorne would have just had his 20th England cap having not had any more injuries and fixed the DM problem we have at a national level, Martin would have been recognised as a class PL worthy striker and Jonny Russell would be approaching 1 million appearances for the club having developed his tenacity so much he'd become able to play 4 positions simultaneously and 7 games a week at every level

I know you were trying to stretch a view points here, but come on, Martin being recognised as a class PL worthy striker.

Episode 6 GIF by BBC Three

Archived