Abu Derby County

tinman

17 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

"Suggests there is someone in mind, or lined up. Whether it’s Wayne Rooney, time will tell.".

I suspect that "someone" is John Terry and the maneuvering was done last Thursday / Friday. His 94 games as asst at Villa put him ahead of Rooney and JT has his badges. He's also more media savvy and has links to "big people". Did Rooney and Terry get on well when they played for England? Both are Alpha Male "silverbacks" and may be too much tension in a leadership situation to work ...but you never know. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

"Suggests there is someone in mind, or lined up. Whether it’s Wayne Rooney, time will tell.".

I suspect that "someone" is John Terry and the maneuvering was done last Thursday / Friday. His 94 games as asst at Villa put him ahead of Rooney and JT has his badges. He's also more media savvy and has links to "big people". Did Rooney and Terry get on well when they played for England? Both are Alpha Male "silverbacks" and may be too much tension in a leadership situation to work ...but you never know. 

Hope he's not expecting a red carpet?

13 hours ago, europia said:

I read somewhere that Mike Ashley made a similar observation when the Newcastle sale to some Sheikh (the same one, who knows??) fell through, something along the lines of 'if the the guy is as wealthy as he claims why is he haggling over £10m to secure the deal....' 

You don't stay rich by throwing money away. If Mike Ashley is so rich why is he haggling over £10 mill? Works both ways.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

well maybe Lampard has oiled the wheels and it would mean some great loans from Chelsea     

if you don't leave everything out there I imagine JT gives you a headbutt in the dressingroom     good     PC is too nice        

if Terry comes on board, best to get rid of WR

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

well maybe Lampard has oiled the wheels and it would mean some great loans from Chelsea     

if you don't leave everything out there I imagine JT gives you a headbutt in the dressingroom     good     PC is too nice        

Either that or gives your girlfriend a pearl necklace ?

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Anybody wondering what they think of each other. 

Wayne Rooney is a legend of world football! John Terry hits back at England captain’s critics

A BRILLIANT CAREER' 

Wayne Rooney names John Terry as ‘toughest opponent’ ever after Chelsea legend announced his retirement

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

There’s been a lot of noise the last few days about Terry coming here.

I think that if the plan was for Rooney was to get it, why not give it him straightaway?

12 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

New owners have someone in mind told this morning.

Obviously you cant say who it might be,but if this person is given the mangers job would you be

1. Gutted

2. Ok with it

3. Excited

4. Underwhelmed 

5. Putting your mortgage on us going up

Archived