Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Would be great for the perspective new owners to release a statement, introduce themselves to the club ,if nothing else to acknowledge the supporters at this worrying time.Not a lot to ask ,especially after Cocu leaving.

guessing these guys will keep their cards close to their chest and let the money do the talking    

39 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Would be great for the perspective new owners to release a statement, introduce themselves to the club ,if nothing else to acknowledge the supporters at this worrying time.Not a lot to ask ,especially after Cocu leaving.

Have you not learned anything from Storey Moore, Knofliceck and Kubik announcements?!

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I know you were trying to stretch a view points here, but come on, Martin being recognised as a class PL worthy striker.

Episode 6 GIF by BBC Three

Do you not think that the Martin of 5/6 years ago, scoring 20+ goals a season in that free-flowing Mac 1 team, would have made an impact in the Premier League, providing we continued to play a similar style?

Just look at what Patrick Bamford is doing this season in the right system, and he's not a patch on 13/14 Martin.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you not think that the Martin of 5/6 years ago, scoring 20+ goals a season in that free-flowing Mac 1 team, would have made an impact in the Premier League, providing we continued to play a similar style?

Just look at what Patrick Bamford is doing this season in the right system, and he's not a patch on 13/14 Martin.

I really don’t. Good Championship player (who I think has only scored 20+ once in his Championship career) but lacks speed in the modern game. Cant even get many caps in a poor Scottish team. If you had asked me back in 13/14 I would have said then Bamford had more prospect of playing in the Premier League. You need to stop drinking cheap Bulgarian dark fruit wine if you think Martin has ever been as good Bamford has been over the last couple of seasons.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I really don’t. Good Championship player (who I think has only scored 20+ once in his Championship career) but lacks speed in the modern game. Cant even get many caps in a poor Scottish team. If you had asked me back in 13/14 I would have said then Bamford had more prospect of playing in the Premier League. You need to stop drinking cheap Bulgarian dark fruit wine if you think Martin has ever been as good Bamford has been over the last couple of seasons.

Agreed regarding Martin. Remember when Martin played for Scotland against England - he was up agaisnt Cahill and hardly touched the ball in the whole game. Huge step up to play at that level and do well and Chris's lack of basic pace will always get found out against better defenders.

Bamford always had the talent, but simply didn't apply himself until last year - he was content to have nice hair and throw himself to the ground if anyone got near him - similar to the latest England media darling Grealish. They've both realised that you have to put the work in to be successful and use their natural talent to help their team....

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I really don’t. Good Championship player (who I think has only scored 20+ once in his Championship career) but lacks speed in the modern game.Cant even get many caps in a poor Scottish team. If you had asked me back in 13/14 I would have said then Bamford had more prospect of playing in the Premier League. You need to stop drinking cheap Bulgarian dark fruit wine if you think Martin has ever been as good Bamford has been over the last couple of seasons.

As opposed to Bamford (who I think is a very handy player), who's never scored 20 goals in his Championship career?

Put a 25-year-old Chris Martin in the Premier League with any post-14/15 Derby team and he'd be crap, just like Bamford failed miserably in every Premier League season before this one.

Put a 25-year-old Chris Martin in the Premier League with the 13/14 or 14/15 Derby side (with a few additions made) and he'd get double figures, just like Bamford is going to do this season in a system that suits him to the ground.

If you believe last season's Bamford was so much better than 13/14's Martin to the extent that anyone who thinks otherwise is drunk, then I think you need your eye prescription strengthening.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As opposed to Bamford (who I think is a very handy player), who's never scored 20 goals in his Championship career?

Put a 25-year-old Chris Martin in the Premier League with any post-14/15 Derby team and he'd be crap, just like Bamford failed miserably in every Premier League season before this one.

Put a 25-year-old Chris Martin in the Premier League with the 13/14 or 14/15 Derby side (with a few additions made) and he'd get double figures, just like Bamford is going to do this season in a system that suits him to the ground.

If you believe last season's Bamford was so much better than 13/14's Martin to the extent that anyone who thinks otherwise is drunk, then I think you need your eye prescription strengthening.

I have old fading eyes I agree, but I think the problem is you have young eyes. You were, what, 13 or 14 back at the time you refer to, and those would have been very exciting times for you but that is clouding your viewpoint. Not once can I remember any Premier League Club showing any interest in Martin, because he really hasn’t got the potential to step up.

I bet you started to type something about setting up a system to suit his strengths, but they don’t do that in the Premier League. One player isn’t made pivotal, whether you are a Mo Salah, a Kun Aquero or Pierre Aubeyemang.

I don’t hate Chris Martin.  I cheered him on as loudly as you from the terraces in 2013/16, and I am grateful for his efforts for the club. But he ain’t all that mate really. He is about on par with Steve Howard and Rob Hulse, both of whom played well for the club, and probably would have scored more with the 2013/14 squad supporting them.

Don’t get hung up about your drinking either. You are 21, you are on your own in foreign lands, in a city full of beautiful women. Just let Chrissy go, and get out and find yourself some new striking talents.