Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just sending the lackey over with the paperwork now for the takeover. All good 

06A2D407-D929-49A0-A2D4-669CC2065709.png

I don't know where we are with it to be honest, too many Cummings and Goings. 

On 11/11/2020 at 14:13, Asheville Ram said:

Speaking as someone who has purchased a number of companies, a deal of this size and nature can be completed in a matter of a few days the "mountain of paperwork" will all have been studied by the lawyers on both sides especially as this sale and purchase has been ongoing for many weeks, therefore all that needs doing is the signing and completion AND the transfer of funds.

In my experience deals of this size are done quickly or not done at all, my guess is that the hold up could be the funding of the purchase.

Dont agree with this at all.

Ive never come across a transaction of this size and, possible complexity, that has been done in a couple of days.

Your guess at the end is really strange.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Wife spotted him in BHS buying tea towels

Jeez, I mean I know its been dragging on, but I didn't realise how long..the last BHS store closed in 2016..don't seem that long.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Conway is a mixed bag IMO.

There is a bit of back-patting, but I think you do them a disservice when you say it’s no different to what you can find elsewhere. I feel like they have far more of a license to do deep dives, investigate pieces, collaborations, etc.

And anyway, you have to pay for access to most online newspapers anyway, unless you want a DET-style experience.

I don't know what people expect. They were happy enough to pay for a physical newspaper in ye olde times. This is no different other than it being immediately accessible and yet people dont want it pay because its on the internet. 

Not something that interests me personally but it certainly seems higher quality than free stuff like the DET.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ive never come across a transaction of this size and, possible complexity, that has been done in a couple of days.

100% this - It's a very odd idea that multi million acquisitions such as this simply breeze through in a few weeks!!

45 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

100% this - It's a very odd idea that multi million acquisitions such as this simply breeze through in a few weeks!!

Even when the transaction started in May and the lawyers have been working on it for months, £60million is not a big deal, the completion being constantly extended makes me think it is either last minute chipping or no funds visible.

25 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Starting to get squeaky bum time now , I think were not being told something , it's easy to say massive sum lots to do , that's crap if they been talking since may . Something isnt right here got the feeling it's no funds version 3 . 

It was due to be done last week, once EFL approval was given, then it got pushed to this week and media outlets were reporting it would be done, now it's a case of lawyers need to go through the paper work.

There is definitely something amiss.

I have the same feeling I had towards the end of the transfer window or the one before that, or the one before that...and so on.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was due to be done last week, once EFL approval was given, then it got pushed to this week and media outlets were reporting it would be done, now it's a case of lawyers need to go through the paper work.

There is definitely something amiss.

I have the same feeling I had towards the end of the transfer window or the one before that, or the one before that...and so on.

Same as this 

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Same as this 

Whether there is a problem, or it's a case of letting nature run its course, it really is a bad situation especially when players like Dutch Mike are speaking in the media about the uncertainty surrounding Cocu and "we don't know what will happen with him", how unprofessional.

I imagine Mel would have wanted this done this week so they can resolve the managerial position and get cracking for Bristol game.

I don't believe for a second things are going to plan.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I suppose more than anything it depends on what stage an "agreement in principle" is deemed to be concluded by both parties (and publicly announced in this case) - does that mean it's all done bar "give me the money and I give you the keys" or does that mean "subject to legal contract review, payment structures, corporate mechanics grinding through what they need to etc etc etc being concluded, and then exchanging contracts and payment" or somewhere in between?

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

Even when the transaction started in May and the lawyers have been working on it for months, £60million is not a big deal, the completion being constantly extended makes me think it is either last minute chipping or no funds visible.

An agreement in principle has not long been agreed.

Lawyers would not have been working day and night on a transaction for which the terms had not even been agreed.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Whether there is a problem, or it's a case of letting nature run its course, it really is a bad situation especially when players like Dutch Mike are speaking in the media about the uncertainty surrounding Cocu and "we don't know what will happen with him", how unprofessional.

I imagine Mel would have wanted this done this week so they can resolve the managerial position and get cracking for Bristol game.

I don't believe for a second things are going to plan.

That’s my worry we needed  reassurance as a club the players needed it etc it’s not a good place to be in

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

An agreement in principle has not long been agreed.

Lawyers would not have been working day and night on a transaction for which the terms had not even been agreed.

Lawyers, no, they don't really have a big roll until there is some sort of legal basis for them to give advice on.

There will however, I'm sure, have been teams of professional consultants (business, financial, risk and liabilities, due dilligence etc etc) will will have been "renumerated on a time and materials basis for professional services recieved" to the tune of many thousands.

53 minutes ago, ossieram said:

What are people whittling about? Either it'll get done or it won't.  There's nowt any of us can do about it and we know nowt about the new bloke anyway. Chill. 

This.

I’m not really arsed who owns the club (unless it’s me). Just get me back to Pride Park and on the away days please.

Up the Rams.

Archived