Graeme Shinnie

Andicis

I thought he was brilliant tonight. I've been guilty of underrating him. I tended to prefer Bird, or Rooney, more technically skilled footballers. But Shinnie was perfect in midfield for Derby tonight, bar of missing that one chance. He won the ball back high, he ran all over the pitch, his passing was as good as I've seen it, and did not stop working. 

After that performance, Shinnie has more than cemented his place in our central midfield in my opinion. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought he was brilliant tonight. I've been guilty of underrating him. I tended to prefer Bird, or Rooney, more technically skilled footballers. But Shinnie was perfect in midfield for Derby tonight, bar of missing that one chance. He won the ball back high, he ran all over the pitch, his passing was as good as I've seen it, and did not stop working. 

After that performance, Shinnie has more than cemented his place in our central midfield in my opinion. 

We lost the game on Tuesday when he went off - had he stayed on we get at least a point 

Totally agree. His instinct for covering danger was Eustace like tonight but he also contributed to our attacking effort with his pressing, tidy passing & set piece delivery. He'll know he should have scored first half but fantastic burst to get into that position.

Im a big fan of Max Bird & think he will come back eventually but as things stand, can't see past Shinnie & Knight in the centre of the park. We look much better with that energy in there & if we continue to work as hard as the opposition, our quality will start to show.

Interesting what will happen when Bielik is back as I suspect they are competing for one spot in this 7-0-3 (?) formation, if we stick with it. Bielik probably edges it in terms of ability on the ball but it’s Shinnie’s to keep currently. Was excellent tonight just a shame he didn’t get the goal. 

The exact sort of player that almost every championship player needs one of.

Not a technical player but does the nasty, hard and unnoticed work that lifts a burden off others. I've always liked and rated him. Will be dropped to accomodate Rooney unless we can convincingly say we're sheiling him.

"no Wayne, go home, you're sheilding, you practically count yourself and certainly have contact with highly vulnurable persons"

Fantastic tonight, MOM. Brought so much energy, battled for every ball, won some absolutely vital challenges, carried the ball forward, and even got into some dangerous positions going forward. Everything you’d want from a player in that position. Think he’s underrated by a lot of our fans because he doesn’t really suit our normal system. In the right role, he’s could be a top class midfield enforcer imo.

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The exact sort of player that almost every championship player needs one of.

Not a technical player but does the nasty, hard and unnoticed work that lifts a burden off others. I've always liked and rated him. Will be dropped to accomodate Rooney unless we can convincingly say we're sheiling him.

"no Wayne, go home, you're sheilding, you practically count yourself and certainly have contact with highly vulnurable persons"

Was going to post exactly the same.  Every good team needs that type of player.  Very effective, not glamorous and grabs the headlines but you know when he’s not there.  If Shinnie plays we play well.

The beauty of having Shinnie and Knight in those two central midfield slots is that teams can't effectively set up to nulify us. The only possible way of doing that is to find two players to out run and work Shinnie and Knight and let's be honest that is going to take some doing on tonights performances. 

Archived