Graeme Shinnie

Andicis

11 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The beauty of having Shinnie and Knight in those two central midfield slots is that teams can't effectively set up to nulify us. The only possible way of doing that is to find two players to out run and work Shinnie and Knight and let's be honest that is going to take some doing on tonights performances. 

I’m beginning to think Shinnie is a cult. Put him in a lumberjack shirt and a pair of dungarees and he wouldn’t look out of place in Deliverance. Slightly deranged looking. But great footballer. He has a brilliant tackle, steals the ball and plays it neat. Ok he could’ve-should’ve put us 2 up but we can forgive him. We need him in the side. Really starting to appreciate how good Shinnie is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m beginning to think Shinnie is a cult. Put him in a lumberjack shirt and a pair of dungarees and he wouldn’t look out of place in Deliverance. Slightly deranged looking. But great footballer. He has a brilliant tackle, steals the ball and plays it neat. Ok he could’ve-should’ve put us 2 up but we can forgive him. We need him in the side. Really starting to appreciate how good Shinnie is.

2BBEA8B6-6E9A-4D24-9FA7-02594B70387E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

At the end if the day, it’s your defensive midfielder having a chance on his weaker foot. It is what it is.

14 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Watching him tonight, I genuinely believe he will be a contender for player of the season.

I hope we remember to give it to jason knight this year.

Not sure where to put this but shows how all over the pitch both Shinnie and Knight were.

Also, how high Davies' successful pass rate was last night, presumably because he had plenty of players available.

Lastly, look at how often Marshall goes long. A clear change of plan there now we have players with speed up front. Even when the initial pass isn't successful, it gives us a chance to press for a mistake.

I love 11 points' stats. Don't know if he posts here? 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It does show how often we lose possession when Clarke and Marshall go long, but I take your point.

You fail to see our masterplan from yesterday. 

Pump it long to Christie and let him lose the ball 30 yards out.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure where to put this but shows how all over the pitch both Shinnie and Knight were.

Also, how high Davies' successful pass rate was last night, presumably because he had plenty of players available.

Lastly, look at how often Marshall goes long. A clear change of plan there now we have players with speed up front. Even when the initial pass isn't successful, it gives us a chance to press for a mistake.

I love 11 points' stats. Don't know if he posts here? 

Presumably Davies heard me slagging of his passing and thought: "Right, I'm making Nuwtfly look a Muppet tonight"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The midfield base provided by him and Bielik was the reason we could get more on the front foot.

They also gave more security for the full backs to raid too.

I hold up my hand and admit I have been advocate for a 'quarter back' style passer to be at the base of midfield, but I'm changing my tune.

Good to see people on the forum ,crediting players when it's due .

Too often members can't wait to slate individual players at the first given oppurtunity. Just hope the next time he puts in a mediocre performance people can put it into prospective and appreciate his contribution as a whole.

think most players have shown their true salt in recan't weeks and appear to be stepping up to the plate. Long may it continue and let's get behind all the players and team when lack of confidence and uncertainty has been surrounding them.

COYR.

Archived