Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still just about in. He still needs to be given a fair chance, with a proper run of games now most of the squad is getting fit. It’s not looking good though. Far too negative still, zero threat going forward, and we’re getting no results at all. Not a good combination for any manager. To be honest, I think he’s a dead man walking, even if he avoids the sack for the time being. Players don’t seem to be playing for him, and we’re going to be in the relegation zone probably by the time the weekend arrives. Just a matter of time now until he’s clearing his desk imo, and to be fair, I’m not sure he was ever the right man for the job in the first place.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a bit conflicted stating it but I hope that we have at least a caretaker manager in by Friday and preferably wassell.

Phil could be a good manager if he was at a top premiership club with unlimited resources,multi talented super players etc but he can't handle the championship with a limited budget and players of more limited potential.

It's time i.m.o,it's too late to drag us back without a fresh pair of hands at the wheel.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Even the losses under McClaren, other than maybe that Reading game at home, you could usually find some enjoyment in. There is nothing now. No pleasure in watching us at all. And we're still poo.

Yep, it used to be fun, and enjoyable experience, a treat to watch, now it's like Stockholm syndrome where you hate every second of it yet can't help but watch. 

I remember the Rotherham game under McClaren, 3-0 down and it ended 3-3 due to Ince i think. Unbelievable to see the drive and positive play. And the Ipswich game, don't get me started. 

Tell you what should never have got rid of maclaren second time around. I listened to podcast with him and he said he was getting to summer for big changes. Would love to have seen if he could of got us back to the 13 14 season. Probably not but would love to have seen it and would have liked to have seen him have the season after the one rowett had 

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If Derby was the titanic we'd have hit the iceberg by now and rather than getting the lifeboats ready a lot of fans on here would be playing with the band because the lead trumpet player seems nice.

I've just woke my wife up laughing at this i nearly peed myself she's not happy with me or Derby now ??

The more people want him out, the more I want him in

???

Give him the players:

(Two seasons with a borrowed centre half? A 35 year old Rowett buy to marshal the defence, no proper striker, a fat self-isolating tubber who can’t run, etc etc)

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If Derby was the titanic we'd have hit the iceberg by now and rather than getting the lifeboats ready a lot of fans on here would be playing with the band because the lead trumpet player seems nice.

The visual of this (apologies) is hilarious. Everyone looking frantically at people pole vaulting into the lifeboats but the smooth Dutch accent of the lead player tells them to carry on with a wry smile. 

Hard to defend at the moment, but I really do think it’s time to try and play the long game and give a manager an opportunity to build a team in the long term - even if it means getting worse before it gets better. I know it seems very counterintuitive, and I understand the argument that he isn’t giving any impression that he is ‘the one’... but I just have a hunch that he can turn this around... but it is only a hunch at the mo and I have no particular evidence to back this up (just a ‘blind faither’ I suppose ?).

I’m certainly not going to argue with those who think he should go (unless they’re obnoxious or overly dramatic about it... no need to be rude and it’s only football ?).  If Mel got an itchy trigger finger, I also doubt I’d have a tantrum... but, still, I’m a believer at the moment.

I'm in.

Give him the full season, we've got some great youngsters, fully fit players like Joz, Lawrence, Ibe and Sibley will destroy this league. Waghorn will provide a few goals and assists like he always has, I'd throw Duncan in as well.

I can't understand letting Marriott go out, no idea what he was thinking there. 

Defence and Midfield are disjointed, not gelling, so its down to brave decisions and trying different combinations - its very fine margins if and when a certain line up suddenly finds its sweet spot.

If we change manager now its obvious we have no where to go with regards to spending money so the new guy would have the same squad to work with.

Cocu is one season and 6 games into a 4 year contract. A bit of patience is needed, not a knee jerk reaction.

We'll thrash the gumps on Friday btw.

In, but only just.

I not sure i can take much more before joining the out crowd and it usualy takes me a lot to get like that from my happy clappy they're all great guys trying really hard outlook.

Apart from never really taking to Pearson I've been able to see the appeal of every manager since Paul Jewell, I like Nigel Clough despite the frustrations, I liked McClaren both times, I liked Rowett, Clement, fwankie lampard, and I really like Cocu. I don't want us to be like this, but, we are ?

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In, but only just.

I not sure i can take much more before joining the out crowd and it usualy takes me a lot to get like that from my happy clappy they're all great guys trying really hard outlook.

Apart from never really taking to Pearson I've been able to see the appeal of every manager since Paul Jewell, I like Nigel Clough despite the frustrations, I liked McClaren both times, I liked Rowett, Clement, fwankie lampard, and I really like Cocu. I don't want us to be like this, but, we are ?

I would put a post on myself but you’ve nailed it for me as well here. I really want Cocu to succeed but every time I see a team sheet I wince and think how are we going to score. ?‍♂️ I hope that he turns it around. But the more i see the more I worry. You never know though. Football is a funny old game. 

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not sure he was ever the right man for the job in the first place.

Are you sure?

Just to remind you of a few of your comments on the Philip Cocu thread:-

Damn missed all of this at the cinema watching spider man... Peter Parker ain’t the only one shooting webs now having seen this news!

Cocks out for cocu!

Also, twan scheepers?! This has gotta be a bloody pisstake hasn’t it?! Someone’s having us on 100%, no way that can be his real name! Expect this is all to be a joke and big Dave to be announced imminently

Genuinely didn’t think we’d pull this one off, seriously ambitious move and props to Mel for managing to persuade him to join. Seemed unlikely but somehow he’s worked his magic and got him here, hopefully that means he’s got the funds available to bring in the quality of player we need to finally get to the prem

Archived