Straw poll

Sean

Cocu in or out?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you sure?

Just to remind you of a few of your comments on the Philip Cocu thread:-

Damn missed all of this at the cinema watching spider man... Peter Parker ain’t the only one shooting webs now having seen this news!

Cocks out for cocu!

Also, twan scheepers?! This has gotta be a bloody pisstake hasn’t it?! Someone’s having us on 100%, no way that can be his real name! Expect this is all to be a joke and big Dave to be announced imminently

Genuinely didn’t think we’d pull this one off, seriously ambitious move and props to Mel for managing to persuade him to join. Seemed unlikely but somehow he’s worked his magic and got him here, hopefully that means he’s got the funds available to bring in the quality of player we need to finally get to the prem

I might have thought so back then (Well, in fact, I definitely did, and have never claimed otherwise). But now, having seen his style, with the benefit of hindsight, I think it was the wrong call. Not saying I wouldn’t have appointed him, just saying I’d regret it if I had. 

Congrats on spending your evening trawling through that thread by the way, seems a great way to spend your time...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I might have thought so back then (Well, in fact, I definitely did, and have never claimed otherwise). But now, having seen his style, with the benefit of hindsight, I think it was the wrong call. Not saying I wouldn’t have appointed him, just saying I’d regret it if I had. 

Congrats on spending your evening trawling through that thread by the way, seems a great way to spend your time...

Just looking back on how many people were against the appointment at the time.

It's no worse than reading a thread where people pretend they were against the appointment even though they weren't, now doing that would be a waste of time ?

Out please, the door is an easy push fella. Think the question should be if PP was open to home fans then how many would want to watch this. I have supported the team through thick and thin for several decades and this is the worst I have felt tbh. No fire in the bellies it’s poor.

I’ve been aggressively ‘in’ throughout but even I’m a bit worried now. I think friday will make or break for fans but I honestly don’t know where Mel’s trigger point is and whether we can really afford to sack off. I’m rooting for Phil, cos it never feels like we’ve had the team he wants to fully play his way, and Sod’s law says we do in January (with Dursun and a fit squad) but he’s been ejected by then. And that’s before we talk about off field issues.

22 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Please, all the Cocu 'in' voters, what do you actually see as the positives?

First half performance.

players returning from injury

we don’t have Rooney as manager

jason knight, Louis Sibley

Er.....

that’s about it ?

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Historically, I have always backed the manager of DCFC right up to the moment when he ceased to hold that position.

Until now.

Worse than tommy doc? Come on?

Many have typed better than I could, with an extremely heavy heart I have voted out, for the first time I’ve turned not against the man. Against this football. The cost would be eye watering though to clear the whole management team and would Mel be willing to do this? He’ll do it with defeat on Fri I fear, maybe the style of the defeat. I’d never want us to lose to have a manager sacked, and against Florist I only want to see us win but I can see a pasting too.
The ‘74 and ‘78 Dutch teams are my favourite all time international teams, perhaps I had delusions of something similar but dealt that hand Cocu has Klopp Mourinho or Guardiola would struggle. We won’t decide the future for Phil. Fridays game may. We Are Derby ? 

I keep willing this to work but nothing is happening. How many shots do you think we have had on target this season? We really lack any industry in the final third and set pieces tonight were an embarrassment. 

The answer... 18 shots on target in 8 games (inc cup games). Blackburn had 10 on target against us in one match... 

It’s just so incredibly boring. Cocu’s footballing principles either don’t work with what we have, or take too long to work. Wait longer and we will be relegated. 

I also sense a manager with his head in the sand. In his recent post match interviews he paints a picture of an unlucky squad who could of got a point or three. No Phil, your chance of getting a point with our amount of shots per game is ridiculously low. 

I can't understand why we need so many coaches, the 3 Dutch lads, Rosenoir and Given (have I missed any?). What are they all doing? A case of too many cooks spoil the broth? Clough and Taylor only had Gordon to run on with his magic sponge and they did alright!

I have been "in" all the time, but he does not instill any confidence in the players, they are too scared to make a mistake they always defer to the safe play and that is clearly getting us nowhere. I would still give him until Bielik, Sibley and Ibe are available, but if we don't look any better then, he has to go, but how much will it cost to pay them all off?

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

What's the point getting rid of Cocu now? It's not like anyone has to travel a long way to see games. The guy has had to deal with so many problems. We need stability.

There is still time to save our season. There is time to fix our players' confidence. We can still stop the rot. If you believe Cocu can do that, that's fine, but if you don't, then there is absolutely reason to get rid of Cocu now. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Worse than tommy doc? Come on?

Difficult.

Tommy was a personal mate of mine, and by getting shot of Derek Hales and persuading Charlie to sign a new contract, his credit was strong. Caskey, Moreland, Ryan in, Ryan out, Ryan shake it all about, Wicks - I think I was relieved when the Doc went, even if he did owe me a lot of beer.

I voted in, because I've said elsewhere he needs the season.

Regadless, I don't honestly think the trigger is likely to be pulled until we see the first team on the pitch for a few games.

I am however frustrated that he seems to be losing faith in his own presumed long term plan and tinkering too much. I would have thought tonight was ideal to give Waghorn and then JHI a half each to be the front man in a 3, rather than come up with a new "flexi" system.

His handling of MtW who i had some hope for seems curious. 

So none of it really worked last night so we have to try something else for Forest.

Archived