Sack cocu

dantheram

57 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

How in any way is it "vile" to want a manager sacked, Cocu is your uncle and I claim my £5.

Seriously,  if a team achieves pathetic results no matter what the circumstances are and at a club of our size at this level then you don't get long to change things. I'd say 2 more games without a win and he's a goner. 

So 2 draws and that's it then?

Ridiculous if it was to happen.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

It won't get that far if we languishing near the bottom of the table at the end of the season believe you me. And who are you to say what we need to do? The decision if it's taken will be out of your hands and I guarantee you won't be consulted on it in the same way everyone else on the forum won't be either. 

Im a supporter of the football club, the same as you are. I didn’t say I know what they will do, and I am sure grateful they don’t ask my or any other fans opinions. There’s being realistic, but then there’s also this negativity that seems to be present in so many of our fans. I genuinely think Mel will stick with Cocu regardless, at least for this season. You can’t get rid of so many experienced players to balance the books and expect to be near the top of the table. 

It’s an opinion on a forum. Try not to get too upset about it

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't see him getting until the end of the season if we are 'languishing'. The call to be patient will only last so long - it's nearly up I think. He has to be able to make the best of what is available - or made available - by compromising. Was Colin really the 'best' we could sign? Is '5 plus 2 cdms' really the only way to stop us losing? Cocu might prefer us to win games and score for fun with an 'Invincible-like' defence, but how much has he shown he can do that in the Championship? So I agree with some of what you say, but ...

I think we have fairly different views on this one. But that’s ok, I can kind of understand the frustration that’s building around here. I try to stay positive, or at least patient, when a manager is trying to put something in place. I’m not always, certainly wasn’t Pearson was here for instance, but want to stick with a manager long enough to see if he can get it right. 

It’s difficult when so many of our fans are disappointed and angry. Just need to support the club. Difficult from a distance I guess...

12 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Just need to support the club. Difficult from a distance I guess...

Not really. Always try to support the club. But that doesn't stop the disappointment. TBH I wouldn't care too much if we were winning with Warnock or like Wimbledon, just bored with losing! ?

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not really. Always try to support the club. But that doesn't stop the disappointment. TBH I wouldn't care too much if we were winning with Warnock or like Wimbledon, just bored with losing! ?

Not you, but as a collective we will always find a reason to be unhappy...

Yeah winning is great...and ultimately it is the be all and end all...

But recall the Derby vs Hull 5-0 win under Rowett and the subsequent thread on here....i think it was worse than the calls for Cocu to go....

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And yet you choose an avatar name based on one of the most cultured, football playing central defenders of all time. 

Yep. What I might want and what I'll settle for are two different things. Sport is about winning.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

But recall the Derby vs Hull 5-0 win under Rowett and the subsequent thread on here....i think it was worse than the calls for Cocu to go....

In the end Rowett failed. I did say that although I'd changed my mind and didn't want him here that if he 'won' it would be a different matter. For us (and Mel) winning in the long run is getting to the Prem.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the end Rowett failed. I did say that although I'd changed my mind and didn't want him here that if he 'won' it would be a different matter. For us (and Mel) winning in the long run is getting to the Prem.

I dont really care either how we get there...if it means lucky wins, or grinding out results great. I am confident Mel wont allow us to start a Premier League seasons as poorly prepared as the last regardless of how we get there.

59 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Im a supporter of the football club, the same as you are. I didn’t say I know what they will do, and I am sure grateful they don’t ask my or any other fans opinions. There’s being realistic, but then there’s also this negativity that seems to be present in so many of our fans. I genuinely think Mel will stick with Cocu regardless, at least for this season. You can’t get rid of so many experienced players to balance the books and expect to be near the top of the table. 

It’s an opinion on a forum. Try not to get too upset about it

Not getting emotive. Merely stating that when someone says "what we need to do is" it sounds like this is the gospel. Of course from both sides of the argument.

What Mel Morris will be doing is weighing up whether he thinks Cocu is getting the best out of his players and if we are languishing at the bottom of the league in a few weeks time whether he is so concerned that in both instances he thinks making a change is the appropriate course of action. I cannot see for a moment him letting things carry on regardless as you put it in either scenario.

When the fixtures were released I posted that that October fixtures looked a “bit tasty” with home games against Watford and Cardiff and away fixtures against Norwich, Huddersfield, Forest and Bournemouth.

My prediction at the time was that the first “Cocu out” thread would be around Halloween.

...........looks like the ghouls are out early this year!

3 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

When the fixtures were released I posted that that October fixtures looked a “bit tasty” with home games against Watford and Cardiff and away fixtures against Norwich, Huddersfield, Forest and Bournemouth.

My prediction at the time was that the first “Cocu out” thread would be around Halloween.

...........looks like the ghouls are out early this year!

We beat Norwich away and lost to Watford. Did you expect to be beaten by both? It's the results that have preceded this against Luton Blackburn etc which have brought the ghouls out as you put and compounded the "tasty" fixtures. 

Archived