Sack cocu

dantheram

Just now, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Does he boo every time Keogh gets the ball? Shout get him off at Camara after one touch and screams at Roos to catch a ball in downpours? I know that guy.

Thats him, usually followed by Foooorrrrrward. However he does continue to call Wisdom “Norman” and that makes me chuckle 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Does he boo every time Keogh gets the ball? Shout get him off at Camara after one touch and screams at Roos to catch a ball in downpours? I know that guy.

I do too, he posts on here but breaks the rules by having 100 different user accounts. 

19 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Apart from last season when we finished 10th

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Remind me where we finished last season, I’m confused?

19 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Er, we finished 10th last season...that equates to a top 10 team in my book.

Embarrassing that you cannot read properly... the “we will ...” clearly identifies reference to the future!

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So let’s say hypothetically, some fans think the Managers philosophy is a little boring,  don’t see a bright future under him and would sacrifice stability to have a positive change. Then they should no longer be allowed to support the club? 

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We may end up being a top 10 team (can’t see it this year) but my god it’ll be bloody boring. 

Who wants stability? 

Surely everyone actually wants improvement and entertainment. 

stability, if it means being stably boring and stably in a relegation battle... no thanks

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Who wants stability? 

Surely everyone actually wants improvement and entertainment. 

stability, if it means being stably boring and stably in a relegation battle... no thanks

I’m with you 100% however that’s the counter argument I read on here for Cocu keeping his job 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, just goes to show spending nothing isn't always a good idea either.

Seeing as Derby were losing £20m a year before Covid, and we've next to no income currently apart from TV money, how do you suggest we find the cash to splash?

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot fathom the thinking that when certain players return, things will improve. How? This form isn’t to do with who is available, it’s to do with the philosophy of play. It’s identical to the Nigel Clough era, with optimists continuously excusing dull performances and dire results by pointing to missing players, although any improvement upon their return was wholly negligible! 

I’m not sure of the solution, but it’s obvious to me, we will NEVER EVER EVER be even a top 10 team under Cocu. 

Your 1st paragraph looks silly considering just how much more positive we looked with the introduction of one key player, Lawrence, yesterday. 

All that needs to be said about your 2nd paragraph has already been said.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Seeing as Derby were losing £20m a year before Covid, and we've next to no income currently apart from TV money, how do you suggest we find the cash to splash?

What were we going to loan Wilson with or buy the German striker with? Peanuts? ?

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Your 1st paragraph looks silly considering just how much more positive we looked with the introduction of one key player, Lawrence, yesterday. 

All that needs to be said about your 2nd paragraph has already been said.

Er.... funny how we conceded AFTER Lawrence came on. I massively disagree, ONLY Lawrence himself showed any intent, but had no support and tried to be a worldie as per usual. There was still instances where the ball went from the corner all the way back to the centre backs. Possession over Offence = failure. 

Cocu got a 4 year contract why sack him after 1 year full off disasters of the field, his first proper window he’s had a lack of funds due to a world crisis etc, in a 4 year contract he atleasts deserves another year, some of the payers he signed aren’t fit yet, he’s hardly had a chance to get those that are fit going (Jozwaik) it’ll come good give the man time, we’ve sacked managers for the last 5 years and it hasn’t worked ffs! Let’s give a man a chance 

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Er.... funny how we conceded AFTER Lawrence came on. I massively disagree, ONLY Lawrence himself showed any intent, but had no support and tried to be a worldie as per usual. There was still instances where the ball went from the corner all the way back to the centre backs. Possession over Offence = failure. 

“We won’t be any better when the good players return”

”What about yesterday when we looked better upon a good players return”

”No that was just him showing intent, not the team”

I mean, seriously?!

19 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I mean, seriously?!

Close thread please. Counterproductive. COYR

58 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I mean, seriously?!

you said "how much more positive we looked with the introduction of one key player", I am saying as a team, we didn't look more positive at all, although Lawrence had a few ineffective runs and a tame shot at the keeper. Even that was only about as meaningful as Robbie Savage chasing down a backpass from halfway when the ball is at the keeper's feet.

I wish I was as easily pleased as yourself.

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you said "how much more positive we looked with the introduction of one key player", I am saying as a team, we didn't look more positive at all, although Lawrence had a few ineffective runs and a tame shot at the keeper. Even that was only about as meaningful as Robbie Savage chasing down a backpass from halfway when the ball is at the keeper's feet.

I wish I was as easily pleased as yourself.

But you implied that the players aren’t important because of the style, Lawrence coming on and making a difference shows that isn’t true. 

Take the chance he created for Rooney which I’ll assume you have forgotten. You get a pass fizzed into him which he takes on the half turn and is in between the defence and midfield. A through ball and Rooney is 1 on 1. It’s exactly that that we have been missing because the players we had playing prior didn’t have the skill set. 

You can’t just say “well it’s just one player doing that” when that one player, or collection of players once we get some more back, is one of the few capable of actually doing it! 

I am glad I am more easily pleased than yourself. It makes supporting my team much easier and less stressful. I think we played okayish all in all yesterday, not great and not terrible. Just okay because until Lawrence came on we lacked threat but also limited a very good team to pretty much nothing. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Cocu got a 4 year contract why sack him after 1 year full off disasters of the field, his first proper window he’s had a lack of funds due to a world crisis etc, in a 4 year contract he atleasts deserves another year, some of the payers he signed aren’t fit yet, he’s hardly had a chance to get those that are fit going (Jozwaik) it’ll come good give the man time, we’ve sacked managers for the last 5 years and it hasn’t worked ffs! Let’s give a man a chance 

Lack of funds? Record signing....probably the highest wage earner in the championship...more money spent on Jozwiak.....don’t make out he’s been dealt the hand that Clough had or even Rowett for that matter.

Look at the gumps today, an immediate impact after not looking like they could buy a win. How many home games does he need to lose in a row to show that he is tactically inept? He couldn’t even play Knight in the middle where he had arguably just played his best game, with Shinnie.

Archived