Sack cocu

dantheram

16 minutes ago, roboto said:

I’m glad our next match is on Tuesday. All matches are a welcome distraction to the overreaction after each match (win or lose).

Are you saying you're happy that the next game is so soon so we can have another slew of overreactions at both ends of the extreme so quickly? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, r4derby said:

And when the attacking players return, and Cocu turns things round and we start climbing the table, will you still be crying out for a battler? Or will you be celebrating the win? 
You can have an opinion. But his style has changed this season alone, becoming more defensive to ensure we don’t get tonked. We will attack teams again when attackers return. I’m not giving up hope yet

I admire your optimism and really wish I shared it.

Players showing commitment does not reflect an encouraging performance is my issue - It's the bare minimum we should expect from them.

I am interested to know how come every player we have signed is not ready to play, yet other clubs manage to sign players who can actually play or make the bench. Its not like at any point this season we have looked fitter than the opposition either. The benching of Clarke another example of this against Blackburn - not up to speed? Up to speed with what ? Walking football which is what we have played so far this season.

I am not saying Ibe, Richards, Duncan etc ARE match fit but one of them surely would have been worth a bench spot and what are we only signing players who are not fit? Yes I know they were all Free but they are not really free are they? Bet Ibe is on a good whack and got a big signing on feee for example.

I am not shouting Cocu out but no one can argue that he is getting the best out of what he has got atm and I bet our wage bill is still right up in top half of league for example. Ive seen some really dire football back in the day (Tommy Docherty for example) but this season so far is as poor as ive seen EVER for entertainment and I don't see a shape or plan to change that YET.

Sincerely hope he turns it round but it's a massive week ahead and even the most optimistic happy clapper must have some concerns if we have two more defeats and worryingly continue to play the way we have.

Fingers crossed he can prove me wrong COYR

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Are you saying you're happy that the next game is so soon so we can have another slew of overreactions at both ends of the extreme so quickly? 

Yeah, because it’s nice to have a fresh argument rather than listen to the same old same old for days on end ?

5 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Walking football which is what we have played so far this season.

Sincerely hope he turns it round but it's a massive week ahead and even the most optimistic happy clapper must have soem concerns if we have two more defeats and worryingly continue to play the way we have.

Fingers crossed he can prove me wrong COYR

That describes me perfectly and yes I do!

I cannot fathom the thinking that when certain players return, things will improve. How? This form isn’t to do with who is available, it’s to do with the philosophy of play. It’s identical to the Nigel Clough era, with optimists continuously excusing dull performances and dire results by pointing to missing players, although any improvement upon their return was wholly negligible! 

I’m not sure of the solution, but it’s obvious to me, we will NEVER EVER EVER be even a top 10 team under Cocu. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot fathom the thinking that when certain players return, things will improve. How? This form isn’t to do with who is available, it’s to do with the philosophy of play. It’s identical to the Nigel Clough era, with optimists continuously excusing dull performances and dire results by pointing to missing players, although any improvement upon their return was wholly negligible! 

I’m not sure of the solution, but it’s obvious to me, we will NEVER EVER EVER be even a top 10 team under Cocu. 

Apart from last season when we finished 10th

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Remind me where we finished last season, I’m confused?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Apart from last year ?

2 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Can we sack or transfer fans ? 

So let’s say hypothetically, some fans think the Managers philosophy is a little boring,  don’t see a bright future under him and would sacrifice stability to have a positive change. Then they should no longer be allowed to support the club? 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We may end up being a top 10 team (can’t see it this year) but my god it’ll be bloody boring. 

1 minute ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Nope everyone should have their own opinion.

Apart from the bloke who sits near me at PP he shouldn’t be allowed an opinion and should be transferred ?

Just now, TexasRam said:

Apart from the bloke who sits near me at PP he shouldn’t be allowed an opinion and should be transferred ?

I would have said exactly the same about a bloke who sits near me,  I'd just swop the word transferred to terminated. ?

Archived