Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County

HuddersRam

Happy Friday one and all!

I should probably apologise in advance as I feel a little bit spammy, but I'm pretty excited to say that Pride (or Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County in the 21st Century to give it the full, far too long name) will be available from the club shop and online from this weekend!

Link - https://www.dcfcmegastore.co.uk/item/2865/Books/Pride-Na.html

For those who don't know, Pride is a project I've been working on for around three years in total, and it's seen me work with just over 60 former players, managers, chairmen, coaches and #ITK fans to tell the tale of the club from the moment we moved into Pride Park until the beginning of this year. It's not really a game by game account, it's more of a focus on each season, the on-field and off-field dramas (even the crash), all told by those who lived it from the inside. So to put the 60 people into context, it varies from the likes of Stefano Eranio, Steve McClaren and Warren Barton through to Gary Rowett, Harry Wilson, Giles Barnes, Inigo Idiakez and Jake Buxton.

The club have been extremely supportive and it's been a huge surprise to have them come on board, considering the content paints a factual tale, but they've been a huge help and it's fantastic to have them on board.

For anyone who has pre-ordered already - and a massive thank you for your interest in what began as just a daft little project to pass the time - what I'm going to recommend to people is that they cancel their pre-orders with Amazon and the likes, because hopefully money won't have been taken. Then the book will be available for around a week or two at the club and the megastore, before hitting the wider world. Unfortunately this one was out of my hands so I'm expecting a few pelters ?

I'll try not to spam too much but if anyone has any questions or comments on the book, what it's about or why certain people didn't make the cut, just reply or drop me a message. And most of all, for anyone who is keen and interested in understanding almost every major development and in-story of the club over 20+ years, I really hope you enjoy it. I'm on Twitter at @PrideDCFC where I'll be rambling to myself and sharing a few articles I've done over the past few months.

You might see/hear me a bit over the media over the next few weeks, so I'm always here to throw abuse at! I had a chat with the @Steve Bloomer's Washing team as well for their latest episode: https://soundcloud.com/user-147200653/sbw-94-Derby-county-2000-2020

Cheers,

Ryan

thumbnail_Pride-Twitter.jpg

8 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Happy Friday one and all!

I should probably apologise in advance as I feel a little bit spammy, but I'm pretty excited to say that Pride (or Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County in the 21st Century to give it the full, far too long name) will be available from the club shop and online from this weekend!

Link - https://www.dcfcmegastore.co.uk/item/2865/Books/Pride-Na.html

For those who don't know, Pride is a project I've been working on for around three years in total, and it's seen me work with just over 60 former players, managers, chairmen, coaches and #ITK fans to tell the tale of the club from the moment we moved into Pride Park until the beginning of this year. It's not really a game by game account, it's more of a focus on each season, the on-field and off-field dramas (even the crash), all told by those who lived it from the inside. So to put the 60 people into context, it varies from the likes of Stefano Eranio, Steve McClaren and Warren Barton through to Gary Rowett, Harry Wilson, Giles Barnes, Inigo Idiakez and Jake Buxton.

The club have been extremely supportive and it's been a huge surprise to have them come on board, considering the content paints a factual tale, but they've been a huge help and it's fantastic to have them on board.

For anyone who has pre-ordered already - and a massive thank you for your interest in what began as just a daft little project to pass the time - what I'm going to recommend to people is that they cancel their pre-orders with Amazon and the likes, because hopefully money won't have been taken. Then the book will be available for around a week or two at the club and the megastore, before hitting the wider world. Unfortunately this one was out of my hands so I'm expecting a few pelters ?

I'll try not to spam too much but if anyone has any questions or comments on the book, what it's about or why certain people didn't make the cut, just reply or drop me a message. And most of all, for anyone who is keen and interested in understanding almost every major development and in-story of the club over 20+ years, I really hope you enjoy it. I'm on Twitter at @PrideDCFC where I'll be rambling to myself and sharing a few articles I've done over the past few months.

You might see/hear me a bit over the media over the next few weeks, so I'm always here to throw abuse at! I had a chat with the @Steve Bloomer's Washing team as well for their latest episode: https://soundcloud.com/user-147200653/sbw-94-Derby-county-2000-2020

Cheers,

Ryan

thumbnail_Pride-Twitter.jpg

Good luck - really enjoyed what I have read so far.
Did you ask Warren Barton why he didn’t bother chasing after that Grimsby player - John Oster?- in a 2-0 home defeat on Boxing Day, maybe. It is my overriding Memory of him - utter pap. Your classic last pay day kind of tenure. I didn’t rate him! 
Anyway, will look out for the book. Wish you all the best with it! 

24 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Good luck - really enjoyed what I have read so far.
Did you ask Warren Barton why he didn’t bother chasing after that Grimsby player - John Oster?- in a 2-0 home defeat on Boxing Day, maybe. It is my overriding Memory of him - utter pap. Your classic last pay day kind of tenure. I didn’t rate him! 
Anyway, will look out for the book. Wish you all the best with it! 

He had to rush off for ESPN so I only had 25 minutes or so to quiz him. Maybe that's a question for the follow up!

Bah ☹️ Just told my wife I was ordering it now and she said it would be a good Christmas present from one of my lads. To keep the peace I’ve gone along with it but wished I’d kept my trap shut and just ordered it myself. 

Still, it’ll make ideal reading during the forthcoming lockdown. ?

Congrats @HuddersRam and hope it’s a huge seller. ?

Thanks for the kind words all! @Pearl Ram - what an error! Still, always nice to have an excuse to get away from the family on Christmas Day for a few minutes...

I know I already said this, but the club have been fantastic throughout the process. From my view, I never anticipated the club would even be able to stock it because of some of the content in there, but they've been fantastic. And I saw that the book is now in the club shop too, which is a little surreal! Living the dream next to Rooney and Niall from One Direction.

Ej9crtiX0AIxuUR.jpg

Edited by HuddersRam

7 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

100% buying this for my dad for Christmas... then I get to read it afterwards! ? our of curiosity @HuddersRamis there a place to buy where you get a better cut or is it all the same? I’d rather buy from somewhere where you get a better deal. 

Not that I'm aware of mate. I'd probably push people towards either the club directly or Waterstones/Smith's when it's out there in a few weeks. Jeff Bezos and Amazon are doing okay for themselves already! But to be frank, I absolutely didn't do any of this for money or anything. It's basically just a little project I picked up outside of work hours that escalated further than I ever expected ?

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

@HuddersRam Congratulations on completing the book, very well done.

Amazon are the evil empire. Nevertheless, I do like eBooks and Kindle, in particular. Do you have plans to introduce a copy using that medium?

They're not great, are they? I believe a Kindle version should be available. Let me check in with the publishers and I'll message back in here with hopefully the right answer

1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

Not that I'm aware of mate. I'd probably push people towards either the club directly or Waterstones/Smith's when it's out there in a few weeks. Jeff Bezos and Amazon are doing okay for themselves already! But to be frank, I absolutely didn't do any of this for money or anything. It's basically just a little project I picked up outside of work hours that escalated further than I ever expected ?

Club shop it is then... you get your cut and the club get some funds for a striker! Really looking forward to reading it mate. Well done ?

13 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Will it be sold at Blackwells by any chance? Asking for a friend who has a voucher to use there. 

If not, I'm sure my friend will buy it elsewhere.

Not that I know of mate. I think some retailers are just waiting on the marketing front, but I'll have a check with the publishers and let you know ?