Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County

HuddersRam

• 2 months later...
On 16/09/2021 at 02:37, Leeds Ram said:

reading this as got it for my birthday as it was today. I'm currently 50 pages in and think I'll finish it tonight. Absolutely loving it, great read with the right combination of insider information and analysis by the author making it a very easy and enjoyable read. 

Thank you @Leeds Ram - glad you're enjoying the book. And a belated happy birthday as well!

2 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Thank you @Leeds Ram - glad you're enjoying the book. And a belated happy birthday as well!

Have to agree, fantastic read .... can’t remember if I had already said it on here..funny thing is the saga carries on with EFL, it’s like a whole new chapter for the future... Derby County the never ending circus 

On 17/09/2021 at 13:25, Leeds Ram said:

Thanks, I really am. Finished it off yesterday evening so did it in two sittings in the end. Great work and you should definitely be very proud of your creation! 

Thank you @Leeds Ram+ @TheresOnlyWanChope! Been trying to process everything in the past week, and the only thing I can say is I am ridiculously glad I managed to get it published well in advance of all of this, because this year is an entire series of books in itself.

Just to say as well, if anyone is still potentially interested in grabbing a copy of Pride, make sure you go to the club directly rather than Amazon. Alternatively, let me know and I can send you a copy , and I'll donate any of the profits directly back into the club. 

11 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Thank you @Leeds Ram+ @TheresOnlyWanChope! Been trying to process everything in the past week, and the only thing I can say is I am ridiculously glad I managed to get it published well in advance of all of this, because this year is an entire series of books in itself.

Just to say as well, if anyone is still potentially interested in grabbing a copy of Pride, make sure you go to the club directly rather than Amazon. Alternatively, let me know and I can send you a copy , and I'll donate any of the profits directly back into the club. 

I will if we hear about the shared girlfriend saga..???

18 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

I read it just after Christmas - a great read tyvm ?

I was going to say its probably a few chapters light now though...

This book will never have an ending as it will have to be revised every 2 years!!

I received a copy for my birthday in May and read it within 3 weeks and found it excellent. It's now been sent to a very good friend who now lives in France, and is an ex-pat Rams fan.

The reference to the King's Head pub, Duffield celebration, following the play-off game vs Leeds Utd, however, the drinks bill which was shown on the website was only half the actual total for the night!!! 

• 3 months later...

Evening chaps and chapettes. Not quite sure where to put this but thought it might be nice for a bit of nostalgia.

Working on a new book (as you do, more to come shortly. This one actually has nice footballing times in it) and met up for a reminisce yesterday with the legendary Graham Richards and Colin Gibson.

Graham is still in fine form and still sounds as iconic as ever. He came down to meet me in a scooter at Stoke Train Station, warned me his memory might not be great and then proceeded to reminisce about games we've probably all forgotten. Colin, well Colin is just fantastic.

On the book, watch this space. I promise this next one will cover more enjoyable times than Pride.

IMG_20211228_151431-min.jpg

My! How times change! Graham Richards used to ride a Harley!

Actually alI wanted to say was how many comments there have been about how quickly people managed to read the book, and/or how it was impossible to put down! It is the mark of a great writer, especially as this was your first attempt!

You have a great new career ahead of you!

Well done, and thank you!

29 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Actually alI wanted to say was how many comments there have been about how quickly people managed to read the book, and/or how it was impossible to put down! It is the mark of a great writer, especially as this was your first attempt!

Seconded. Such an easy read and interesting if largely a tad depressing!

If your next book includes the wisdom of the great GR then bring it on he was such a great commentator his passion shone through and bought games to life.

5 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

That really means a lot, thank you @DavesaRam & @Sufferingfool. As I might have said before, I did think a lot of the time I'd bit off more than I could chew and on a weekly basis I was certain I was writing potentially the worst book of all-time! But comments like yours make it all worthwhile. Thank you. 

Here's to the next one!