Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County

HuddersRam

22 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

They're not great, are they? I believe a Kindle version should be available. Let me check in with the publishers and I'll message back in here with hopefully the right answer

@HuddersRam just seen on Amazon, Kindle version released on Oct 19 at a reduced price. Hope the reduction doesn't impact your royalties.

Apologies, if so, just that it's easier for me to read ebooks - so convenient for me to read when I spend so much time taxiing - and waiting for - the family ?

Edited by IslandExile

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

@HuddersRam just seen on Amazon, Kindle version released on Oct 19 at a reduced price. Hope the reduction doesn't impact your royalties.

Apologies, if so, just that it's easier for me to read ebooks - so convenient for me to read when I spend so much time taxiing - and waiting for - the family ?

Don't worry about royalties at all haha, I would do the exact same in your situation! Yeah it's been a little bit of a complicated one in terms of release date as the club have got the exclusive access, but 19th should be the day you can get stuck in.

@NC--RAM - That is quick work! There's plenty more in the second half. Although, spoiler alert, the fortunes of the club don't get much better.

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Good work Ryan, I’ll get it on my Christmas list. Did you interview B Diddy ? Any inside information on his post play off final strop ?

The attempt to interview Billy is an entire book in itself. Two and a half years of trying and failing, a few bizarre messages. Still, everyone has a Billy story ?

Ordered mine now.

One thing, when I went onto dcfc megastore, I couldn't initially find the book as it doesn't seem to show up in any of the other categories. I almost gave up, then typed 'Pride' in search bar and it came up.

I might have been stupid but wasn't easy to find. This was after following the link on the homepage too.

59 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ordered mine now.

One thing, when I went onto dcfc megastore, I couldn't initially find the book as it doesn't seem to show up in any of the other categories. I almost gave up, then typed 'Pride' in search bar and it came up.

I might have been stupid but wasn't easy to find. This was after following the link on the homepage too.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll pass it on to the comms team at the club and see if they can get this looked into at all. I think it's hidden away in the souvenirs category, but I'll see what they can do.

Enjoy the book! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

As part of Pride, I took up around six hours of Craig Bryson's time, splitting interviews over three different days. It would be little surprise if he had blocked my number by now. But like pretty much everyone else who contributed to the book, he's been really on board and even gave a little emoji yesterday. I now realise I probably should have got former players and managers to do all my marketing, but we live and learn.

Bryso.PNG.cf5a3ba9d9cb16525408db9ea2978982.PNG

On 10/10/2020 at 21:10, HuddersRam said:

Thanks for the kind words all! @Pearl Ram - what an error! Still, always nice to have an excuse to get away from the family on Christmas Day for a few minutes...

I know I already said this, but the club have been fantastic throughout the process. From my view, I never anticipated the club would even be able to stock it because of some of the content in there, but they've been fantastic. And I saw that the book is now in the club shop too, which is a little surreal! Living the dream next to Rooney and Niall from One Direction.

Ej9crtiX0AIxuUR.jpg

Isn't that kit pink? Don't show him, it'll start him off....

38 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Love to hear that NC! I'm guessing NC doesn't stand for Nigel Clough though considering some of the bits in there ?

Have you got a favourite chapter?

No i'm not clough jr.Not one favourite chapter, although every one brings back memories and some potential nightmares remembering those long forgotten bloody awful signings.Again brilliant work Ryan, getting the players to spill the nitty gritty on managers, coaches and everything that came with it.Que christmas book club meltdown.

32 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

No i'm not clough jr.Not one favourite chapter, although every one brings back memories and some potential nightmares remembering those long forgotten bloody awful signings.Again brilliant work Ryan, getting the players to spill the nitty gritty on managers, coaches and everything that came with it.Que christmas book club meltdown.

Great to hear mate, glad you enjoyed. Never thought I'd manage to squeeze the name Ruben Zadkovich in there but that in itself is going on the CV.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

My copy is “in da house” as I’m lead to believe the young would say, came today...but has been put away with the other Christmas stuff. 

Seeing someone describe it as “unputdownable” didn’t make me feel much better. ☹️

Sorry that was me.?