Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2020 at 16:07, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I also think Bielsa is the better manager.

My whole point is that it's incredibly disrespectful and stupid to call Cocu clueless when he's achieved more than 99.999% of the entire forum in his life. If he's clueless, then everyone here is a bum.

Being a good player doesn't mean you will become a good manager

On 03/10/2020 at 16:00, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's a difference between valid criticism and the disrespect people have shown towards him.

As I said the other day, the man has captained Barcelona and the Netherlands, as well as winning three Eredivise titles, and people are calling him clueless and a clown. They can duck off.

On 03/10/2020 at 16:01, Mostyn6 said:

Frank Lampard has captained Chelsea and England..... winning titles. Your point is?

To be fair, I spent a good deal of my time in the military as an engineer on board an aircraft flying to many places around the world. I knew exactly how the aircraft worked and could fix anything that cropped up, I also knew how each system integrated with others and knew exactly how to fly. But it didn't make me a pilot. 

How ever, for what it's worth; I am in the give him some time brigade. 

3 hours ago, Hector was the best said:

Being a good player doesn't mean you will become a good manager

To be fair Cocu has been no 2 with Holland and won titles as a manager, doesn’t mean he will get it right here but it’s a bit more than just being a good player,, well worth a punt?

On 03/10/2020 at 18:36, IslandExile said:

Fair enough. I've already apologised for starting this thread; I do regret doing so. It was out of order. I didn't do it because there are people who disagree with me or because of those people who constructively criticise Cocu. And I would certainly not want to stop anyone voicing an opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

However, I do believe there have been a lot of posts recently that are negative for the sake of it, not constructing any argument, just sniping. Maybe you haven't noticed. Nevertheless, those posts have got to me and I was reacting to those. However, I was wrong to do it the way I did by starting this thread.

We have lost three games against top six sides to continue our top six 'phobia' 

On 03/10/2020 at 15:41, Andicis said:

Imagine doing a thread like this. ''Cocu outers'' just want to see Derby win. Stop building up this big movement of people with a vendetta against Cocu - they don't exist. 

That's true, but at the same time there are those whos knees jerk alarmingly quickly with the first run of bad form. Some have a tendancy to think in the very short term and with, in my view, overstated anger vitriol and speculation. It's fine, it's a forum, we are fans, we care but I dont think road rage helps anyone, no matter who started it. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You think it affects Derby's results? ?

Not a bit Roy, but it makes me grumpy and I don't like getting grumpy.

We are and have been missing firepower up top, even prior to your love child's departure.

The thing I liked about Norwich (that we lacked)  the other day was all that incisive tippy tappy in and around our box. A half decent striker plus Lawrence and Ibe and all will be well. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with Cocus plan, the guns just haven't been loaded yet for practical reasons; but you can see where he wants to go. a poor start shouldn't get  calling for his head. 

I go back to an earlier statement .. He gets a full season from me; unless we are in the bottom 3 come Feb/March, then i guess muttering are reasonable.

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Not a bit Roy, but it makes me grumpy and I don't like getting grumpy.

Apparently I've lost 'my love child'! How do ya think I feel then!?! ? ?

14 minutes ago, jono said:

I go back to an earlier statement .. He gets a full season from me; unless we are in the bottom 3 come Feb/March, then i guess muttering are reasonable.

Lol. Make yer mind up, he gets a chance unless he's not doing well in which case he doesn't?! Isn't that what some are now saying, it's not like he's only had this season to 'show his colours'?

FWIW I'm still undecided (not that I hold the smoking gun), the Norwich game showed the pragmatic nature (players in the squad & league we're in) that I'd hope to see at other times last season too. So has he finally stopped being stubborn (as was suggested by PSV fans when we signed him)?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Apparently I've lost 'my love child'! How do ya think I feel then!?! ? ?

Lol. Make yer mind up, he gets a chance unless he's not doing well in which case he doesn't?! Isn't that what some are now saying, it's not like he's only had this season to 'show his colours'?

FWIW I'm still undecided (not that I hold the smoking gun), the Norwich game showed the pragmatic nature (players in the squad & league we're in) that I'd hope to see at other times last season too. So has he finally stopped being stubborn (as was suggested by PSV fans when we signed him)?

I don't know for sure Roy. I put the bottom 3 rider in because everyone needs a plan B that they don't want to use unless absolutely necessary. 

Really want to see the new front man whoever it is and Ibe/Jozzy on the same pitch. i reckon it will make a huge difference 

On 05/10/2020 at 07:40, BathRam72 said:

To be fair, I spent a good deal of my time in the military as an engineer on board an aircraft flying to many places around the world. I knew exactly how the aircraft worked and could fix anything that cropped up, I also knew how each system integrated with others and knew exactly how to fly. But it didn't make me a pilot. 

How ever, for what it's worth; I am in the give him some time brigade. 

What a time to have your worst game ever! At the careers office of all places. 

Walked out having joined the RAF after going in,I'm sure wanting to be a Royal Marine.

**winky smiley emoji thing**

On 09/10/2020 at 21:03, IronRam 140.6 said:

What a time to have your worst game ever! At the careers office of all places. 

Walked out having joined the RAF after going in,I'm sure wanting to be a Royal Marine.

**winky smiley emoji thing**

I hope you enjoyed your time or are still enjoying it. Loved mine

Archived