Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m agreeing with you. Personally, I think if we play like that for the next six games, we will be lucky to get a point. We cannot rely on the luck we had today. Poor finishing. Norwich should have had three. 

More chance if we play like this than we did last week of getting some points. Lawrence, Ibe and Waghorn will make us a different proposition. Two weeks to get it together at the next level. We have a much proved squad for the next one.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Honestly losing a lot of respect for you as a poster @IslandExile. You used to write some pretty good balanced posts, and listen to people’s opinions. Now, with threads like this, you’re deliberately trolling and trying to start an argument because people have made comments in recent days that you don’t agree with.

Fair enough. I've already apologised for starting this thread; I do regret doing so. It was out of order. I didn't do it because there are people who disagree with me or because of those people who constructively criticise Cocu. And I would certainly not want to stop anyone voicing an opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

However, I do believe there have been a lot of posts recently that are negative for the sake of it, not constructing any argument, just sniping. Maybe you haven't noticed. Nevertheless, those posts have got to me and I was reacting to those. However, I was wrong to do it the way I did by starting this thread.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Fair enough. I've already apologised for starting this thread; I do regret doing so. It was out of order. I didn't do it because there are people who disagree with me or because of those people who constructively criticise Cocu. And I would certainly not want to stop anyone voicing an opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

However, I do believe there have been a lot of posts recently that are negative for the sake of it, not constructing any argument, just sniping. Maybe you haven't noticed. Nevertheless, those posts have got to me and I was reacting to those. However, I was wrong to do it the way I did by starting this thread.

We have lost three games against top six sides to continue our top six 'phobia' 

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Please.

I agree that we should enjoy the win but Cocu's radio Derby interview post match does raise a few questions. He seemed to suggest that to play out from the back you need skilful players that we ain't got and that's why there were more long kicks out from Marshall. It's taken him a long time to make this change. 

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We have lost three games against top six sides to continue our top six 'phobia' 

I gave us no chance today. 

I was mystified by the team selection.

I still cannot understand how we improved in every part of the team.

I think that if we get a CF and a spare LB we may shoot up the League. Defence was the main issue.

The squad (Inc CF) is good enough for top four if we work hard enough for 95 minutes. Still cannot see that happening. I live in hope.

11 minutes ago, DRBee said:

I agree that we should enjoy the win but Cocu's radio Derby interview post match does raise a few questions. He seemed to suggest that to play out from the back you need skilful players that we ain't got and that's why there were more long kicks out from Marshall. It's taken him a long time to make this change. 

More concerned that Colin Gibson referred to Watford and Bournemouth as big teams and big names in his interview??

Time for the pipe and slippers?

I think in fairness there's only a handful of proper anti-Cocu posters on here and we'd have a few even if we were top 6. I hate the disrespectful stuff, probably especially so because the man himself is so respectful of others. It goes against the grain when the man is clearly a born gentleman but I think some on here just can't help themselves and some are just newbies who have signed up simply to vent. It bothers me a lot less than it used to but then at last count, I have 25 on my block list, so there's that!

As for today, we rode our luck for sure, but these tough away games are so hard to win and I'm proud of how we knuckled down. Marshall was inspired and Curtis showed what a warrior he is despite his advancing years. There's a few others who should take note of the 'old boy' and his commitment to the cause. Curtis may be a gent but there's a steely will to him that still burns as bright as ever and I ducking love that. A MoM performance if ever I saw one.

Anyway, a much needed lift. I understand the OP's frustration to be fair and some of the reactions to it are hilariously OTT but at the end of day, we're all Derby and this will hopefully be a springboard of sorts for fans and players alike. The mood needed lifting as I think we're all tired of this year with all the stresses and strains it's brought to our doors, so perhaps a little extra feistiness on here was to be expected. We'll be a far stronger and better balanced outfit in a few weeks, least I hope so. No doubt there's more bumps in the road to navigate but hopefully the lads can start giving us all something to smile about more regularly as we move forward.

Bit of a rambling post so will leave it there. Have a good evening you 'orrible lot ?

COYR

Fans don’t like to be criticised for criticising others. 

It’s like those that will shout abuse all game to players, the minute they give anything back after the game, during celebrations or social media they cry professionalism please!

Quite funny. 

I purposely stayed offline after Blackburn, slowly learning after all these years just not to engage in it as it drags you down. Missus has even noticed the difference. 

Win/draw, can come on and have a bit of a laugh.

Lose, won’t see me until Monday regardless of how we played.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Um....I thought Danny Higginbotham got it spot on when he said that Derby - despite defending deep - didn’t just hoof it out, but played out quite calmly.

We’ve beaten Norwich away. Anyone who doubted Cocu should get back in their box, we’re going to storm up the league and he will take us to the promised land - absolutely not, just as it’s complete baalocks to say he’s a clown and should go as we’re going to be in a relegation battle based on 3 defeats after 3 games. 
Everything should be viewed in balance over time. 4 games into the season when he has largely a new team is not the time to judge whether he is the right man or whether we should get rid. Lets see what he does with this squad  over the next 10 games and see where we are. But regardless of what we think Mel clearly backs him for the long term and you can’t deny a key part of the role is bringing through the academy players and you can’t deny he’s succeeding there.
It needed to improve. No one even Cocu backers like myself denied that. Today it has improved, but it’s one game, let’s see what we do between now and December. I’m still confident we have a decent squad and Cocu will find the formula but let’s see.

Totally pointless thread.

When people wanted him out after last weeks performance it was based on the football we have been playing recently & in my opinion fully justifyed. 

Ive not called him clueless cocu but last week it did seem pretty clueless. He played centre backs on the wrong side & left clarke out of the line up. No manager will do exactly what you want or keep all the fans happy but some selections have been mind boggling. 

Today we played Davies & Clarke today who are our best defenders at the club which seems less clueless.

I also dont see the problem with the fans that 'want it now' whats wrong with wanting things straight away & maybe going for it ?‍♂️ likewise i dont have the issue with the fans that want to build over time. I see both sides of the argument. 

We won today it was the type of scrappy fighting performance we needed to put in. Lets all enjoy the win & hopfully we can kick on. I dont think anyone wants cocu to fail & im sure everyone wants him to be successful. Its is however hard after a run of losses where we have performed particularly poorly. 

Whilst ive not called it him, is cocu the clown that insulting & did you have the same issue with fans calling non league nigel ?‍♂️ 

50 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think in fairness there's only a handful of proper anti-Cocu posters on here and we'd have a few even if we were top 6. I hate the disrespectful stuff, probably especially so because the man himself is so respectful of others. It goes against the grain when the man is clearly a born gentleman but I think some on here just can't help themselves and some are just newbies who have signed up simply to vent. It bothers me a lot less than it used to but then at last count, I have 25 on my block list, so there's that!

As for today, we rode our luck for sure, but these tough away games are so hard to win and I'm proud of how we knuckled down. Marshall was inspired and Curtis showed what a warrior he is despite his advancing years. There's a few others who should take note of the 'old boy' and his commitment to the cause. Curtis may be a gent but there's a steely will to him that still burns as bright as ever and I ducking love that. A MoM performance if ever I saw one.

Anyway, a much needed lift. I understand the OP's frustration to be fair and some of the reactions to it are hilariously OTT but at the end of day, we're all Derby and this will hopefully be a springboard of sorts for fans and players alike. The mood needed lifting as I think we're all tired of this year with all the stresses and strains it's brought to our doors, so perhaps a little extra feistiness on here was to be expected. We'll be a far stronger and better balanced outfit in a few weeks, least I hope so. No doubt there's more bumps in the road to navigate but hopefully the lads can start giving us all something to smile about more regularly as we move forward.

Bit of a rambling post so will leave it there. Have a good evening you 'orrible lot ?

COYR

Enjoyed this pist very balanced points of view. 

And yes I agree we should look better as the season unfolds, a few back from injury and a new number 9, and Bielik back we will be a different team. 

And a great away win today. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

God don’t apologise, nobody does the same for sticking the knife in when we are poor and lose with the lost the dressing room question post I think it’s fair to give it back in terms of does it make a difference if cocu is able to get a well organised and run through brick walls performance from the players today and when all said and done it’s a football forum ,, nobody dies and most wouldn’t be on here if they didn’t enjoy a good old argument over football 

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The "Next manager" thread was even worse.

But it was the incessant snipes in almost every thread that ate away at me.

Anyhow....

Yep when your hurting from a loss but taking the positive of a good debut from our new winger and ibe to come in and you get all the cocu will coach the flair out of them stuff it’s the last grating kind of stuff You need but when we get a win from a gritty performance and give some back  it’s let’s all just enjoy the win and don’t take the shine off ??‍♂️

Just now, IslandExile said:

The "Next manager" thread was even worse.

But it was the incessant snipes in almost every thread that ate away at me.

Anyhow....

Yeah me too. I had to refrain from posting on the worst threads for most of the week such was the nonsense I was reading.

In fairness, some of the more prominent voices gave credit to both Cocu & the team post-match. Am hoping this is the line in the sand (like Charlton in Jan) where we start to pick up & unite behind Cocu. Sure we'll add a CF in next few days & there are 4 damn good players coming back to fitness...this team could soon look a lot more potent.

COYR

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We'd lost badly, it looked like the players had given up. Cocu said that some didn't have the right attitude. Why not ask the question? What would you have asked then @Archied?! 

I’m not saying don’t ask it roy but is it not ok to answer it with this thread question? 

Archived