Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I totally agree with you and posted the same yesterday that personal insults are out of order.

However my original point still stands, past achievements count for nothing when you're third bottom of the league, scored one goal and can't create chances for toffee. You can only comment on what you see. Whatever you've done before in your career has no bearing whatsoever.

Whether his experience of winning those titles in Holland is enough to galvanise us and drag us to a position where we should be pushing for the top 6 is now up for debate. We'll see. 

That's not unreasonable.

We're all Rams fans anyway. Let's enjoy today.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Can we just stop with this endless Cocu debate, time will tell. It's not about being right or wrong, we all want the best for the club. You're allowed to change your opinion. Let's just enjoy the win today. The manager got it spot on with his team changes and tactics. The players mentality was right, there was grit in that performance. This is something to build on. 

I'm afraid for some it's ALL about being right. 

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

duck off out of the club. Gibsons, the lot of them.

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They can duck off.

Your language has become absolutely atrocious since you turned 21.  Hope you're not Gibsoning and Ducking all over Budapest, they'll think us British are a right bunch of Bamfords.

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

A discussion involves listening/reading what the other person says.

As I keep saying, but you seem to ignore, I welcome others' different points of view. It's the constant, negative sniping - with no constructive purpose - that has taken its toll on me.

You didn’t ask for discussion. You asked for silence. 

3 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Your language has become absolutely atrocious since you turned 21.  Hope you're not Gibsoning and Ducking all over Budapest, they'll think us British are a right bunch of Bamfords.

I bloody wish I was Gibsoning and Ducking all over Budapest.

I've had about as much luck as Teemu Pukki today when it comes to pulling.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Look good win today I'm one who doesn't like the Cocu tactics today it worked bit lucky ref the penalty it could have been worse.

1st shot on target 75 mins so dont get to excited. 

Was screaming at the TV take Rooney off he's shattered can't run then he does that .

What do I know ?

Just now, Ramfan1958 said:

Look good win today I'm one who doesn't like the Cocu tactics today it worked bit lucky ref the penalty it could have been worse.

1st shot on target 75 mins so dont get to excited. 

Was screaming at the TV take Rooney off he's shattered can't run then he does that .

What do I know ?

I’m agreeing with you. Personally, I think if we play like that for the next six games, we will be lucky to get a point. We cannot rely on the luck we had today. Poor finishing. Norwich should have had three. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

?Only from the negative sniping.

Again, I am honestly happy to read constructive arguments about what Cocu or the club are doing wrong.

Football is nothing without discussion amongst the fans. Generally, I love this forum. I cannot wait to read it each day. It's just that, in my opinion, too many posts recently have overstepped the mark.

They've not been constructive, just negative - for the sake of it. I agree with @Tyler Durden it doesn't help the argument whichever side of the fence that you're on.

After all, this isn't Twitter.

Anyhow, I have not helped by starting this thread - and I do regret that - but it's just got to me a bit lately. Apologies again.

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What's wrong with calling him clueless? Not that I think he is, but is that not just an opinion? Might not be one you agree with, but what gives you a right to tell any fan to duck off? Get off your high horse. 

Because it's wildly disrespectful and not at all accurate given his achievements and the esteem he is held in at an international footballing level?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

?Only from the negative sniping.

Again, I am honestly happy to read constructive arguments about what Cocu or the club are doing wrong.

Football is nothing without discussion amongst the fans. Generally, I love this forum. I cannot wait to read it each day. It's just that, in my opinion, too many posts recently have overstepped the mark.

They've not been constructive, just negative - for the sake of it. I agree with @Tyler Durden it doesn't help the argument whichever side of the fence that you're on.

After all, this isn't Twitter.

Anyhow, I have not helped by starting this thread - and I do regret that - but it's just got to me a bit lately. Apologies again.

Meh, how many people start threads with negative connatations after games? See nothing wrong with giving them a bit back, it has to go both ways.

Calling Cocu clueless shows a level of impatience & failure to be objective.

People may not agree with the things he does, but they can be assured there's always some solid logic behind them, even if they can't see it...

...and if they can't see it, that says more about the person calling him clueless than it does about Cocu.

It also implies that they know better.

I've written this terribly, sorry. It made more sense in my head!

Honestly losing a lot of respect for you as a poster @IslandExile. You used to write some pretty good balanced posts, and listen to people’s opinions. Now, with threads like this, you’re deliberately trolling and trying to start an argument because people have made comments in recent days that you don’t agree with. Like the “Want it now generation” comment yesterday that I resisted biting on. Criticism of Cocu has been justified given our start, and fans have every right to call that out. Just as praise should be given to him today, for getting the team organised and grinding out a result in a tough away game.

Can’t we just enjoy the win without resorting to this sort of thing?! There’s honestly only about 3 “Cocu outers” on this forum anyway, it seems to me that more argumentative on here are those vociferously “Cocu in”. Getting boring now the same 2/3 posters basically saying other fans aren’t allowed an opinion on a manager. I’m still a doubter of Cocu, and I think that’s justified, given the start to the season we’ve had. One win doesn’t make everything perfect again, but it’s certainly a starting point to be positive about.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m agreeing with you. Personally, I think if we play like that for the next six games, we will be lucky to get a point. We cannot rely on the luck we had today. Poor finishing. Norwich should have had three. 

Goalkeepers are there to stop goals. A penalty is a one on one not a free shot at goal. A goalkeeper stopping a goal is not luck, he gets paid for that. Not maintaining balance at a penalty is not bad luck, his body angle was too steep 

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Goalkeepers are there to stop goals. A penalty is a one on one not a free shot at goal. A goalkeeper stopping a goal is not luck, he gets paid for that. Not maintaining balance at a penalty is not bad luck, his body angle was too steep 

Did anyone in the crowd think that Evans deliberately handle that ball. I have watched it a few times. Ball was going a mile over the bar so aiming it at Evans is not entirely out of the question 

Archived