Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not Simple the ones that want him out on the other hand 

Do you have any lines in sand as to what would change your support.  Would actual relegation do it or the threat of relegation this season?  If we survive and I think we will do, how long will you put up with mid table performances?

39 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Do you have any lines in sand as to what would change your support.  Would actual relegation do it or the threat of relegation this season?  If we survive and I think we will do, how long will you put up with mid table performances?

If we look like getting relegated which is unlikely I would think MM might take action which would be very costly .

I think Cocu has afforded some respect and I hope he is successful.  

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Right back at you?

What will it take for you to get behind the manager?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

If we look like getting relegated which is unlikely I would think MM might take action which would be very costly .

More costly than getting relegated? 

As an observation you have a very forgiving nature if anything other than a relegation scrap would be seen as a successful season 

43 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Right back at you?

What will it take for you to get behind the manager?

Easy, better football played in a style which works in the championship and is appropriate for the skills of our squad.  And you do you have any expectations, what will make you lose faith?  I don’t want him to fail.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Sorry but that is not an answer.  I’m not asking what Mel may do but what you think would be unacceptable.  It’s not about whether I think you are right or wrong I am just interested in whether you have a level where you would say in the best interests of the club.

i agree that if Mel did pull the trigger it would be expensive and may not deliver the result he wants

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Sorry but that is not an answer.  I’m not asking what Mel may do but what you think would be unacceptable.  It’s not about whether I think you are right or wrong I am just interested in whether you have a level where you would say in the best interests of the club.

i agree that if Mel did pull the trigger it would be expensive and may not deliver the result he wants

I would only get rid of Cocu if I thought he wasn’t doing a good job.  For me he is doing a very good job. 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I would only get rid of Cocu if I thought he wasn’t doing a good job.  For me he is doing a very good job. 

That's not an answer either. Define some metrics to gauge his performance against that you can then define robustly what a good job is .

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's not an answer either. Define some metrics to gauge his performance against that you can then define robustly what a good job is .

Clever clever. 

That’s a load of tosh. 

The next 42 games will determine not me 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Clever clever. 

That’s a load of tosh. 

The next 42 games will determine not me 

Am trying to have a sensible discussion. So after 42 games do you have a league standing for example in mind below which you would then start to change your opinion on Cocu. And if so what would that position be. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am trying to have a sensible discussion. So after 42 games do you have a league standing for example in mind below which you would then start to change your opinion on Cocu. And if so what would that position be. 

Ok here we go. 

One of the problems is Cocu has had to work under difficult conditions

He is required to blood Academy players 5 at a time according to Mels stated position but the problem with that is players of that age get disheartened when they get worked out by the opponents re Sibley etc  

It wasn’t Cocus fault that after bowling was cancelled that certain players chose to drive home from the Joiners Arms even though club laid on transport was an option .

We have had an EFL charge hanging over our heads with a soft transfer embargo so that’s been difficult.

The club needs to be economically sound so the like of Huddlestone and Martin chose to not take up Derby’s offer on contracts.

We got Bennett and Malone off the books and Anya was released  

Jozefoon has been left out for whatever reason. 

Dowell and Paterson didn’t work out at Derby either. 

Now take the fact that Beilik long term injury and Lawrence and Waghorn experienced players have been injured it all starts to add up  

We let Lowe and Bogle go for good money and Forsyth struggles these days and Buchanan is essentially a CB .

LB must be priority.

Its hardly surprising that it’s been a difficult start  

Marshall and Byrne are good signings as is Jow  

Hopefully a LB a CF in this week  

Beilik fit and Ibe and Duncan in a few weeks I’ll be hoping Cocu has better chances along with a properly fit Wayne 

Now take Davies yes he played well at Norwich so if he stays fit that’s a bonus but he was trying to Start the Dutch lad and Clarke and Wisdom

PS As regards League position I think we will avoid relegation and could even make playoffs.

MM is the Chairman right 

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe giving a figure is a bit difficult.  Even my assessment of what would make me get being him is a bit wish washy.  I can live with someone having belief in him without feeling the need to Quantify it.  In the end we want success by one way or other

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Maybe giving a figure is a bit difficult.  Even my assessment of what would make me get being him is a bit wish washy.  I can live with someone having belief in him without feeling the need to Quantify it.  In the end we want success by one way or other

See post above mate.   I had to do it twice as my mobile went dead. 

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok here we go. 

One of the problems is Cocu has had to work under difficult conditions

He is required to blood Academy players 5 at a time according to Mels stated position but the problem with that is players of that age get disheartened when they get worked out by the opponents re Sibley etc  

It wasn’t Cocus fault that after bowling was cancelled that certain players chose to drive home from the Joiners Arms even though club laid on transport was an option .

We have had an EFL charge hanging over our heads with a soft transfer embargo so that’s been difficult.

The club needs to be economically sound so the like of Huddlestone and Martin chose to not take up Derby’s offer on contracts.

We got Bennett and Malone off the books and Anya was released  

Jozefoon has been left out for whatever reason. 

Dowell and Paterson didn’t work out at Derby either. 

Now take the fact that Beilik long term injury and Lawrence and Waghorn experienced players have been injured it all starts to add up  

We let Lowe and Bogle go for good money and Forsyth struggles these days and Buchanan is essentially a CB .

LB must be priority.

Its hardly surprising that it’s been a difficult start  

Marshall and Byrne are good signings as is Jow  

Hopefully a LB a CF in this week  

Beilik fit and Ibe and Duncan in a few weeks I’ll be hoping Cocu has better chances along with a properly fit Wayne 

Now take Davies yes he played well at Norwich so if he stays fit that’s a bonus but he was trying to Start the Dutch lad and Clarke and Wisdom

PS As regards League position I think we will avoid relegation and could even make playoffs.

MM is the Chairman right 

Fair play you've taken the time to communicate your feelings respect you 

Archived