Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange comment as the majority of the Cocu In advocates have said give the guy until at least November when he has had time to work with his full compliment of new transfers and returning injured players.

Then you progress that the Cocu Out advocates should then change their opinion after the result of one game. 

Isn't consistent.

It’s a great result and Cocu got it tactically spot on.

But if anything it just reaffirms what many have been saying.

We all want Cocu to succeed and as the manager he holds the key and can make all of the difference, more so than the players.

Today was spot on and we’ll need more of those strategic performances away from home.

But in general we have to see more in attacking areas.

But today is definitely something to build on in terms of the effort, application and the organisation.

Hopefully the attacking quality follows.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

It’s a great result and Cocu got it tactically spot on.

But if anything it just reaffirms what many have been saying.

We all want Cocu to succeed and as the manager he holds the key and can make all of the difference, more so than the players.

Today was spot on and we’ll need more of those strategic performances away from home.

But in general we have to see more in attacking areas.

But today is definitely something to build on in terms of the effort, application and the organisation.

Hopefully the attacking quality follows.

Today wasn’t the day for attacking flair. It was a day for grinding out a result against a team who will rip you to shreads if you try dominate possession. Tactically spot on today and I feel this is how we will look to play away against the better attacking sides.

The big question now and I agree with you on is, at home, can we dominate teams and stick our chances away without being easy to play against. it’s a different proposition as you will generally be more open at home. 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Then you progress that the Cocu Out advocates should then change their opinion after the result of one game. 

Didn't say they should change their opinion.

Indeed, there are a few folks that post well reasoned arguments about what they see as wrong. I welcome such a debate.

However, there have been many, many (and I mean a lot) of snide, negative posts that are not remotely constructive but just a dig at Cocu for the sake of it.

All I am asking for is a brief respite from those petty digs.

Just now, IslandExile said:

However, there have been many, many (and I mean a lot) of snide, negative posts that are not remotely constructive but just a dig at Cocu for the sake of it.

So you decided to make a snide thread of your own because you don't like their opinion?

Not that I agree with them, but I doubt today will have (or should) change any minds. It was a fine away performance, but the victory still relied on a great deal of luck, some very good saves and a bit of exceptional skill from Rooney.  We still created very little, we still allowed quite a lot of chances and, for me, it was still too easy to deprive us of possession when we had the ball.  To be fair, a lot of that is to be expected in an away match against a decent team, so I'm certainly not being too critical.

Great result though and some positives compared to other games so far. Indeed, we defended a lot better than we have so far and showed a lot more energy and desire to get the ball back. I'm hoping the corner has been turned and we can use this as a jumping point for better things. But, whether or not Cocu is the answer in the long term won't be based on this match.

Having said all that, it would be nice in general to hear a bit less moaning, but don't hold your breath.  

Just now, Andicis said:

So you decided to make a snide thread of your own because you don't like their opinion?

Please read what I said.

I welcome the opinion of those that construct an argument even if it's not one I agree with.

It's the constant sniding that I don't like but, yeah, I grant you...I have sunk to the same level.

Apologies.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Didn't say they should change their opinion.

Indeed, there are a few folks that post well reasoned arguments about what they see as wrong. I welcome such a debate.

All I am asking for is a brief respite from those petty digs.

You didn't state that in your original all but brief post but you do clarify when challenged.

Same response as before, what's sauce for the sauce is sauce for the gander. Whatever the argument is if one set of protagonists want to be given a defined timescale to form an opinion then you can't then expect the other set of protagonists to then change their opinion after one isolated incident.

Petty is quite a subjective term too but if people are making personal insults against Cocu or spinning his name as a comparison to a clown then I've stated yesterday that it just devalues whatever valid points they have about his ability and detracts from a sensible discussion 

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Unlike the "Has Cocu lost the dressing room?" type threads.

Still think that do you?

Think what? I didn't say Cocu had lost the dressing room, I asked if posters thought he had.

Still worth you starting another thread.

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry, but who are you to dismiss people’s opinions and feelings? 

Just because you find those opinions disagreeable, it’s disrespectful to label them as snide digs. 

You did know we were in the bottom three right? Struggling to score? Unable to defend? Not creating chances? Well, how does someone discuss such negative results and performances without being somewhat negative by default????

Honestly bore off, go and do something productive instead of trying to incite arguments and getting on your high horse. God forbid people have differing opinions. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Sorry, but who are you to dismiss people’s opinions and feelings? 

Just because you find those opinions disagreeable, it’s disrespectful to label them as snide digs. 

You did know we were in the bottom three right? Struggling to score? Unable to defend? Not creating chances? Well, how does someone discuss such negative results and performances without being somewhat negative by default????

There's a difference between valid criticism and the disrespect people have shown towards him.

As I said the other day, the man has captained Barcelona and the Netherlands, as well as winning three Eredivise titles, and people are calling him clueless and a clown. They can duck off.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's a difference between valid criticism and the disrespect people have shown towards him.

As I said the other day, the man has captained Barcelona and the Netherlands, as well as winning three Eredivise titles, and people are calling him clueless and a clown. They can duck off.

Frank Lampard has captained Chelsea and England..... winning titles. Your point is?

Archived