Will the "Cocu outers" give us some respite?

IslandExile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spanish said:

Easy, better football played in a style which works in the championship and is appropriate for the skills of our squad.  And you do you have any expectations, what will make you lose faith?  I don’t want him to fail.

Under very difficult circumstances (that we're all aware of and don't need to repeat), Cocu is moving out the overpaid underachievers. Finally, with the embargo lifted, despite little finances, some wheeling and dealing has enabled him to bring in some exciting (Joswiak, Ibe and Duncan) and some established championship (Clarke, Byrne and Marshall) players to supplement the academy graduates. The exciting academy graduates that Cocu is managing brilliantly. Incentivising all in the academy by showing a clear path to the first team. Giving them experience when they're ready and a break when needed.

It's coming together.

I will be happy with a mid table finish this season especially if the quality of football improves as we go on.

I agree it's not been a great watch so far, but there have been glimpses. But the changeover in squad has been big and it will take time for things to settle.

Next season, I hope and expect the progress will be such that we'll take the division by storm.?

Archived