Reg Harrison

Bill Curry

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted. 

Did so much for the community, I spent most of my childhood in Stockbrook community centre, which was known locally as “Reg’s” due to him being part of it’s creation. He also drove us to away games when I was in the Under11s. At that time, we never really knew his sporting achievements, nobody really told us he was a FA cup winner. I remember being quite miffed because I was always quite cheeky to him, and felt that I would’ve been less so had I known. 

REST IN PEACE X

Really really sad news and I’m sure there will be many tributes to him.

Some on here either knew him personally or he has at some point had an influence on their Junior football careers. For me, I never met him or knew him but I’m proud to say I’m related to him and his achievements were always talked about in our family.

The only reason my nan followed football was her cousin reg playing for Derby. It was for that reason she went to the FA Cup celebrations in the centre of Derby and during those celebrations met my grandad. She lost touch with Reg and last year when he was awarded freedom of the city I reached out on here to anyone who knew him to try and put my family in touch with him to hopefully arrange some contact, even a meet. With the help of @loweman2 we got in touch with the family who are lovely and my heart goes out to them for their loss, but unfortunately we didn’t manage to make it happen. At that point we didn’t know but my Nan had the early stages of dementia and now she’s deteriorated rapidly to the point she’s now in a home and doesn’t know any of us.

Sad loss, gutted I never met him but proud of what he achieved like many other rams fans and those who were privileged enough to have known him or met him. RIP Reg.

11 hours ago, rockabilly said:

Forest fan here in peace.

Reg used to coach us kids when I played for Rykneld Colts back in 1974/75.

He became a friend of the family for many years too, due to my father working as a scout at DCFC.

Reg was a proper gentleman and very genuine guy,  he really loved his football.

He will be sadly missed, RIP Reg Harrison, from NFFC Gary and family.

A forest fan working in the Derby County scouting department... it all makes so much sense now! 

All jokes aside top notch ? football is just a game at the end of the day. He will be missed.

R.I.P Reg , to bring the FA Cup back to your home town must have been amazing after what the country had just been through for 6 years , Great to hear about he was still attending games at Pride Park and had spent his life after football coaching and helping local kids , that spirit is a great credit to our area and DCFC 

• 3 weeks later...

Funeral service for Reg Harrison is this coming Tuesday 13th at Derby Cathedral , would be nice to see some Derby scarves tied outside to let the family know his part in the history of DCFC was appreciated by the current generation of fans , as he obviously was by those lucky enough to have been at Wembley in 1946 , R.I.P Reg 

I lived around the corner from him growing up. He was a great guy, a true gent. My dad would often take the dog for a walk around the block and come back over a hour later...got talking to Reg he would say. Probably up there reminiscing now! RIP Reg

Archived