Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The last couple of seasons should have him feeling like he has got something to prove, if only to himself. 

If he hasn't learned anything then he'll be useless. Let's hope he has. 

A case of "too much too soon" I suspect; He was tipped for great things, but like you say @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta, let's hope he's learned that in life you reap what you sow...

Yeah, I have no doubt his wages are going to be quite high, but I would've thought that they would be market value. It's not like we've come out of nowhere and stumped up a huge sum. He's had chance to assess the market, the offers from other teams and we've obviously put together something that was better than anyone else - at least up to now and he doesn't feel like waiting around much longer. 

One thing is for sure, he will get a lot of support from day one here due to his past connections. I'm positive that will help him settle in. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much football has he actually played recently? I saw one Tweet which I took at face value that he's credited with one goal and one assist over the past couple of seasons.

Very little, hence now being out of contract. Couldn't really get going at Bournemouth and fell out of favour very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much football has he actually played recently? I saw one Tweet which I took at face value that he's credited with one goal and one assist over the past couple of seasons.

Not played at all since mid-2019.

This would very much be a 'getting back on-track' season for him.

If we sign Jozwiak and Ibe we are a striker (and maybe a left back?) away from having a really good team. Especially with Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Beliek and Rooney to come back. 

And if Vydra signs we ought to launch a petition for a Big Bad Barry statue just next to the Cloughie one. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Sometimes players and clubs just suit just like Derby and martin, Ince and I hope Ibe. We can get the best out of him. Arm round his shoulder, tell him hes amazing, go do you thing. Positive he will re ignite his career. 

? Just think, Ibe and Martin in the same team again. . . oh cruel fate! ?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think the Football Insider article reckoned his last appearance was August '19

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I have no doubt his wages are going to be quite high, but I would've thought that they would be market value. It's not like we've come out of nowhere and stumped up a huge sum. He's had chance to assess the market, the offers from other teams and we've obviously put together something that was better than anyone else - at least up to now and he doesn't feel like waiting around much longer. 

One thing is for sure, he will get a lot of support from day one here due to his past connections. I'm positive that will help him settle in. 

I would say we’ve saved a few bob on Martins contract offer and put it towards Ibe.....  good amortisation I feel ???

It's a risk for sure. No signing is truly 'free'. 

Derby are adding a youngish premiership player to a championship team. He will feel a bit of a failure right now. 

He will not be match fit for quite a while. 

As a winger he may be lacking confidence which isn't great. 

He will need building up physically and mentally. 

It's a chance for him. I hope he takes it. 

Archived