Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shuff264 said:

I really like Ibe as a player

Buuuuuut, and I know I've said this before and it doesn't really matter but it kind of bothers me, I'd really like us to sign a left footed winger. Just to give us some balance and another option.

In theory we have Waghorn & Whittaker as left footed players who play wide

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Literally says he's 'undergoing a medical'.

This is what makes me believe the story. If you're just making up something for clicks, you'd go with "in talks with" or something like that. Something that's easy to wiggle out of if it doesn't happen.

But undergoing a medical? That's final stages, man. A good sign.

Not going to get my hopes up too high until the Oracle Barry has spoken, though.

....Ah! He has!

And We're apparently signing Vydra, too. Thanks, Baz.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The Bogle/Lowe one came from Percy - he released his article a couple of hours before FI.

But if this is true, alongside Byrne, then that basically cements they're no less reliable than some of the other news sites we use. It could also suggest that this Wayne Veysey is one of those rare individuals with an in at Derby ? 

FI posted their tweet and article at 11:33am on the day of the Barrow game.

JP posted his at 11:46am. ?

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I thought he was slightly overhyped last time he was here but this is a fairly risk free restoration project.

Same here.  But I'd much rather be in the position of taking a gamble on him in this position, that say trying to buy him in a year's time after someone else has gambled.  If the wages/contract length are sensible then it's a no-brainer.  Pace and power up front is a big thing we've been missing.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

FI posted their tweet and article at 11:33am on the day of the Barrow game.

JP posted his at 11:46am. ?

Ah, fair enough. 
Although, JP didn't get his article published in 13 minutes so they're lying about the 'EXCLUSIVE' ? 

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can’t see us signing both Ibe and Jozwaik

Why don't you think so? Ibe is a free transfer and we clearly need two wide players, especially with the ineffective and outgoing Joz. Also Barry has linked us with Vydra lols. 

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I really like Ibe as a player

Buuuuuut, and I know I've said this before and it doesn't really matter but it kind of bothers me, I'd really like us to sign a left footed winger. Just to give us some balance and another option.

It's been a while but I seem to remember him being fairly two footed.

I also don't think having two right footers on the wing is necessarily bad. If both wings look to cut inside all the time it can take away a lot of width.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is what makes me believe the story. If you're just making up something for clicks, you'd go with "in talks with" or something like that. Something that's easy to wiggle out of if it doesn't happen.

But undergoing a medical? That's final stages, man. A good sign.

Not going to get my hopes up too high until the Oracle Barry has spoken, though.

....Ah! He has!

And We're apparently signing Vydra, too. Thanks, Baz.

If true, I'm not sure Vydra is the type of forward we need. I was glad to get the fee we got at the time, as he isn't particularly versatile.

Archived