Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Apologies guys did i spell it wrong ? 

It's Jordon rather than Jordan, but don't worry about it. More people make that mistake than don't. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Low risk signing with an extremely high ceiling.

It’s a cliche but Ibe clearly needs a bit of love and stability, he’ll get those here as well as a good chance to play plenty of games. Clearly is a talented footballer but was overhyped to a fault by Liverpool supporters, having such high expectations put on him from such a young age clearly harmed him and the Sterling comparison really didn’t help.

Rodgers bringing him back off loan for an easy PR win was such a crossroads moment, I wonder what his career would look like now if it never happened.

I can see the Cocu/Rosenior/etc dynamic working wonders here 

Are we in that bad a position that we are having to rely on risky loan signings of players that have hardly kicked a ball over the past two seasons? 

Is this an indictment of the current loan market, our desperation to bring anyone in, our financial position, our perceived attraction as a club or the combination of the above?

I'm not against the loan signing, I personally would have hoped we would be looking at loanees coming in with far more solid track records. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Are we in that bad a position that we are having to rely on risky loan signings of players that have hardly kicked a ball over the past two seasons? 

Is this an indictment of the current loan market, our desperation to bring anyone in, our financial position, our perceived attraction as a club or the combination of the above?

I'm not against the loan signing, I personally would have hoped we would be looking at loanees coming in with far more solid track records. Maybe my expectations are too high.

He’s a free agent, wouldn’t be a loan

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Loan? Hes out of contract 

ibe should never have gone back to Liverpool when he did. He was just finding his feet at Derby and beginning to show real quality.If he comes  in on a reasonable contract this could be lucrative for both parties and a very sensible option for Derby .  Probably take a while to get the guys confidence and fitness levels up and for him to mentally be in the right place. A positive move by the Rams and hopefully shrewd business.

2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

As has already been posted above, I firmly believe that Jordon Ibe being recalled cost us promotion that season. If he gets back to anywhere near that level we are in for a treat.

Funny how it works out. On loan Ibe was incredible yet Lingard I thought was relatively average for us. Then you look at the careers they’ve both had so far something’s gone really wrong for Ibe somewhere. Still young so hopefully we can get him back to a good level so we can see that confident young winger leaving fullbacks for dead again. 

When Ibe first joined us on loan he looked like he had a really poor attitude. He would get the ball, try a dribble, lose the ball and stand there with his hands on his hips as if his teammates were to blame for not providing him with the perfect out ball. He looked sullen and selfish - but always with good close control. I really thought he was just a fancy-Dan who had an over inflated idea of his own ability. That pretty much lasted for a bout five games.

Then, over the next five games he started to sometimes track back and his runs became a bit more productive - he quickly became an average Championship wide attacker.

But huge credit to him, his improvement continued. By the time he left us his defending was like that of an accomplished full back, his attacking was unplayable in this division and he worked his socks off for the team.

If Cocu can get the best out of him this will be the signing of the season. Desperate for it to be true.

14 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

I wonder if Tom is on his way ???

Nah. Shoulder injuries can get complicated and it's surprisingly hard to feel 100% so soon after any sort of surgery or rehab. I reckon he's just taking longer to get back to fitness and we need to strengthen our attack with or without him.

Absolutely ideal for us if this is true. It’s a relatively low-risk gamble. He was a £15 million player when Bournemouth signed him. One good season at Championship level and he’ll be worth that again. Even if he’s average, at his age and with his attributes, we’d still make a healthy profit.

I love that we’re seemingly looking at players on low-cost details with a lot to offer and a high resale value. I hope this means the days of spending big on players nearing the back-end of their peak is over. That’s how we become more sustainable and prevent the financial problems we’ve had to experience recently.

"Derby County are making big strides to boost their attacking options.

Lech Poznan's Polish international winger Kamil Jozwiak is set to sign and he could be joined by former Liverpool and Bournemouth attacker Jordon Ibe, DerbyshireLive understands.

And that is unlikely to be the end of their business as the Rams are also in the market for a striker."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-countys-stance-signing-jordan-4516852

willem dafoe smile GIF

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

image.png.809bd6eaa334f6bab8fd3d6e14240a3b.png

This is his record per club: 

image.png.a575ad5385b95c184713b73f444b5039.png

He's been used as a pair of fresh legs for Bournemouth up until last season where he wasn't even in the side so it's not like he's had the chance. He's probably allowed his head to drop at the lack of opportunity. He wouldn't be the first player and he wouldn't be the last. 

I just think we need to be patient. He will need to get his fitness back up, but then he can be a real asset in this division. He had an interview in the summer that I'm listening to now - he comes across quite well. 

Archived