Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why does he use a pseudonym? 

Never revealed, but my guess was that when he was let go by Sky then he used his contacts as a way to make money but without damaging his reputation as being a renowned as a leak. It was almost like a cover up where he could still earn money. This was years and years ago now, so I could be wrong. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If true, I'm not sure Vydra is the type of forward we need. I was glad to get the fee we got at the time, as he isn't particularly versatile.

As has been said, guaranteed nonsense, but why do you think we need him? Vydra needs a system tailored to use him correctly, which tends to involve him being in the hole behind a bigger striker. Nothing about that is how we play.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In theory we have Waghorn & Whittaker as left footed players who play wide

We do, how much you see either of them out wide this season remains to be seen.

I'd have just liked one of the players we brought in to be a first choice left footed winger, obviously we are restricted to whats available and theres no point turning down better players because they are right footed.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

As has been said, guaranteed nonsense, but why do you think we need him? Vydra needs a system tailored to use him correctly, which tends to involve him being in the hole behind a bigger striker. Nothing about that is how we play.

I don't think we need him, read it back again. I completely agree with you.

11 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

He never got going after he left us - are we looking at this in a rose tinted way? Not played for a year. 

A great coup if true. Ibe is an out- and- out winger. His career has been a bit of a car crash (pun not intended) since he signed for the Cherries, so he is effectively in need of resurrecting his career. I think Ibe needs firm management because there is a great young footballer in there but like @Shaftesbury Streetsays he is very ring-rusty after little football for 12 months. Let's hope it's true and that Shane Nicholson, who knows a little bit about "mis-spent youth", can get this guy back up to peak fitness because Ibe has the potential to be a terrier in the Championship (new song, Ibe... Ibe will tear you apart...again...).

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Let's hope it's true and that Shane Nicholson, who knows a little bit about "mis-spent youth", can get this guy back up to peak fitness because Ibe has the potential to be a terrier in the Championship (new song, Ibe... Ibe will tear you apart...again...).

Excellent point. He was doing some one-to-one sessions with Saido Berahino recently, and this would be in a similar mould.

Archived