Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Has Ibe ever played centrally for Bournemouth? My only thought is that Cocu didn’t really mention two wingers last week, only a wide player and a striker.

Unless the Lawrence setback has forced his hand? 

I think the plan might be to play Lawrence as a 10...especially after how well he did in that role last season (Boro comes to mind).

Jozwiak on the left. Ibe on the right. Filth.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's the fact they're claiming that he's undergoing a medical that makes me believe this. Wouldn't have believed them if they just said we were 'interested'.

Has he though? The article says he's undertaken tests with Derby which may not be the same as undergoing a full medical AT Derby.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Has Ibe ever played centrally for Bournemouth? My only thought is that Cocu didn’t really mention two wingers last week, only a wide player and a striker.

Unless the Lawrence setback has forced his hand? 

He never really played for Bournemouth full stop. But, he is pretty much an out and out wide player. Would imagine you could push Lawrence centrally, and of course you have Sibley too.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the plan might be to play Lawrence as a 10...especially after how well he did in that role last season (Boro comes to mind).

Jozwiak on the left. Ibe on the right. Filth.

As a 10 where do sibbley and Knight and Holmes etc play? Assuming we playing with 2 central midfielders of bird and beilek/rooney

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

They've broke a fair few stories recently, to be fair to them.

Byrne last week, Hepburn-Murphy in January and Bogle/Lowe on the day of the Barrow game.

The Bogle/Lowe one came from Percy - he released his article a couple of hours before FI.

But if this is true, alongside Byrne, then that basically cements they're no less reliable than some of the other news sites we use. It could also suggest that this Wayne Veysey is one of those rare individuals with an in at Derby ? 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

As a 10 where do sibbley and Knight and Holmes etc play? Assuming we playing with 2 central midfielders of bird and beilek/rooney

Sibley is just 19, you have to have options for rotation, rest and dips in form. Same with Knight. Holmes is a utility man that can cover pretty much any position, but also is prone to a spell on the sideline.

I thought he was slightly overhyped last time he was here but this is a fairly risk free restoration project.

If you can get a semblance of form from him that saw him move for a big fee then it’s sensible to bring him in on reasonable wages. Most importantly it just gives us options. I don’t think we’re in a position to carry many options in case of injuries but being able to give a breather to Lawrence or Jozwiak would be important.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's the same guy who wrote the Byrne article. I have a strong feeling it's Peter O'Rouke who likes to use a pseudonym when writing these kinds of stories. He was actually called Sue Denim at HITC for a while. 

NewsNow also require some evidence that these exclusive stories aren't completely hot air too, otherwise they will pull your website down. 

That’s who I thought it was

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

He never got going after he left us - are we looking at this in a rose tinted way? Not played for a year. 

I feel this way , he's a fast young winger so a lot to be excited about , but at the same time no football in a year and not particularly done much in 6 years since he was here 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's the same guy who wrote the Byrne article. I have a strong feeling it's Peter O'Rouke who likes to use a pseudonym when writing these kinds of stories. He was actually called Sue Denim at HITC for a while. 

NewsNow also require some evidence that these exclusive stories aren't completely hot air too, otherwise they will pull your website down. 

Why does he use a pseudonym? 

Archived