Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Emmmm.............reading the article and listening to his post match interviews yesterday I didn't get that feeling. I think he is very cautious about revealing information and tends to be very conservative in his views. For instance he was still saying we "may" get someone in within 24hours some time after the new lad was having his photos taken.

Perhaps their reading into his comment about parameters he's working in .  My suspicion is Zoon will be here till he's 83 sporting a 'RAMS 4 LIFE ' tattoo on his buttock with a self portrait of him lighting cigars with tenners on the other .  Hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

I had heard it Lawrence to go......

I would think that is daft ... but .. if Ibe comes on a free and the. you have decent sale proceeds from Tom, you then have some swag for a traditional centre forward ? Interesting. ... unlikely to my mind but stranger things have happened 

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The telegraph today.  Cocu apparently gave that inclination when asked about Ibe

Derby County have not dismissed reports that Jordon Ibe is a target but there might need to be outgoings before the former Liverpool winger can be added to the squad.

That was what Rams boss Phillip Cocu hinted at when he was asked about Ibe after last night's Carabao Cup tie against Preston North End.

In Cocu's post-match interview on RamsTV last night, Ibe was never mentioned. He may however have mentioned it to journalists after the game.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why sell Lawrence, need his flair and goals...

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who told ya dat?

That would be telling it's just rumour I'm sure no way I can say any other.as for his flair and goals I have to say he has never lived up to it.every season we say this is his season but I'm sorry he just doesn't produce.as for his price who knows what you would get but am I right in saying that he only has a year or so left so from an amortisation aspect it would make sense to sell him if in the background he has no intention of signing a new deal or we would be able to resign him.therefore selling him to recoup a fee would be the correct answer as I'm not sure cocu is his biggest fan.all guess work but food for thought I guess

12 minutes ago, Jram said:

Be surprised if we could recoup our investment in Lawrence 

I do rate him but is he worth more than the 5 mill we paid for him ?‍♂️

We'd absolutely get 5m+ for him, if we were to sell.

He's 26 and averaged 13 goal involvements a season over the past 4 years in the Championship (season under Lampard is the only season he had less than 13). Consistently one of the highest rated players on the team from stat places that give ratings, too (averaged 7.01 on whoscored).

Similar players all move around for more than £5m in today's market, although not much more.

That being said, there's nothing to suggest we are selling him. I don't see a real reason why we'd have to get rid of anyone to bring Ibe in. He's hardly going to be demanding a hefty wage if he's anything other than stupid.

Just now, Ramslaar said:

That would be telling it's just rumour I'm sure no way I can say any other.as for his flair and goals I have to say he has never lived up to it.every season we say this is his season but I'm sorry he just doesn't produce.as for his price who knows what you would get but am I right in saying that he only has a year or so left so from an amortisation aspect it would make sense to sell him if in the background he has no intention of signing a new deal or we would be able to resign him.therefore selling him to recoup a fee would be the correct answer as I'm not sure cocu is his biggest fan.all guess work but food for thought I guess

2 years left iirc 

Archived