Nathan Byrne - Signed on a 2 year deal

Charlie George's header

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not so sure about this one myself. Don’t think he’s particularly great defensively, and he seems to have only had one really good campaign in an attacking sense. Don’t want to risk any more one season wonders who aren’t good enough. I think we can do better to replace Bogle personally.

Had to double check you weren’t summarising Bogle there!

In terms of value for money we're unlikely to get much better, given the Wigan situation and him being in his final year. He covers the obvious gap in our squad, and is unlikely to block the progression of Ebosele in the long term.

I don't recall any rumours in the media about clubs being interested in him, so could be available for an extremely low fee - first offer may get accepted?

Ebosele is a long way from finished article for me. Potential is there but not ready to be put in the first team in the forseeable future. Can see Brown being used ahead of him unless it is we switch to 352.

Byrne would be a decent addition, competing with Wizzy. Anything has to be better than playing a left back there. 

If we're playing with wing backs then I absolutely wouldn't mind this signing at all. He's a decent enough footballer, who provides a decent outlet on the right hand side. He isn't the best defender, however, so in a four I think he would be picked out. Nevertheless, he would be a very good option in a 5 - although begs the question why we would sign Jozwiak as a wide player if you're committed to playing a five. 

A good value player, who is actually coming off a better year than Bogle had last season. 

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Meanwhile the EFL chase a lost cause against us that will result in more legal costs for the EFL members.

I agree, it looks very much like the EFL is on a big face saving exercise, which of course will fail!

Archived