Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just checked my NHS App (not the Track & Trace one) and both jabs are showing in it. Hope it's soon made more straightforward to travel to Europe!

There’s a bit where you can get a QR scan code too in the ‘share’ bit above. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Lots of photos

Thanks mate.

My App doesn't have the 'Share your covid-19 status'. It starts at 'Check your covid-19 status'.

What version is your App, I wonder if there's an update?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thanks mate.

My App doesn't have the 'Share your covid-19 status'. It starts at 'Check your covid-19 status'.

What version is your App, I wonder if there's an update?

not sure to be honest. They may just be wading through updates

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure to be honest. They may just be wading through updates

Yeah, I was surprised there was anything there at all tbh. They suggested up to 14 days before, I'll keep checking. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Might just be iPhone bias. 

Posh bugger! ? Checked via a web browser too, nowt. Looked at the App help webpage and although it has a section about sharing your covid status it just talks about how to check your status! So maybe it'll get sorted soon. Hope so, can't afford an iPhone and a holiday! ?

• 3 weeks later...

was due to fly to Faro on 16th. But, due to a non-existent and not-recognised variant of COVID, Portugal was removed from the Greenlist. None of the three of us due to go are allowed to work from home when we return, so 2 weeks quarantine is out of the question.

Annoyingly, the hotel cancellation come with a €175 charge! Trying to get them to waive that.

£92 of parking refunds in the form of vouchers to use within 3 years, which I will.

The worst bit was I researched World Cup 2022 dates to transfer the flights to next June, before actually realising the World Cup next year is in DECEMBER. So we paid an extra £80 each to change flights to July 2022, as it will be dead in June without a football tournament on!

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

was due to fly to Faro on 16th. But, due to a non-existent and not-recognised variant of COVID, Portugal was removed from the Greenlist. None of the three of us due to go are allowed to work from home when we return, so 2 weeks quarantine is out of the question.

No chance of risking the Day 5 'test to release' on amber? ?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No chance of risking the Day 5 'test to release' on amber?

cost getting out of hand though, it's bad enough with the tests that were needed for Greenlist destination. PCR test to get IN to Portugal. I got home on a Thursday, which would have been Day 0. Friday 1, Sat/Sun 2&3, Monday 4, Tuesday 5, Back to Work potentially on a Wednesday. So using 2 weeks holiday, nah. 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

cost getting out of hand though, it's bad enough with the tests that were needed for Greenlist destination. PCR test to get IN to Portugal. I got home on a Thursday, which would have been Day 0. Friday 1, Sat/Sun 2&3, Monday 4, Tuesday 5, Back to Work potentially on a Wednesday. So using 2 weeks holiday, nah. 

Tough call for you. It's crap the stuff the Govt puts out as an excuse. As has been said if it's not good for us to go to amber countries then ban travel. Won't though will they.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Tough call for you. It's crap the stuff the Govt puts out as an excuse. As has been said if it's not good for us to go to amber countries then ban travel. Won't though will they.

it's a scam, insurance companies won't need to pay out, holiday providers don't need to refund in cash.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep! What with that and the money being made by the private testing companies... 

don't even get me started on that scam! Been stressing for weeks about it. Quite relieved don't have to do it now.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't even get me started on that scam! Been stressing for weeks about it. Quite relieved don't have to do it now.

Yeah I was very undecided about having to test before travel. So was/am still considering Spain/islands, Cyprus and (I think) Greece/islands. Just don't want to pay stupid prices for tests. #scamming