Away Ticket refund

Confirmation of match by match refunds if not allowed to attend

A nose that seems to be growing

You got me there. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

One thing that I find odd is that the Ticket Office remains closed even though we are on the eve of a new season. Even if it was manned by one person it would help - being able to talk to a DCFC representative with queries face to face (or mask to mask), isn’t too much to ask for. 

Furloughed, I'd assume.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

That’s entirely what you’re getting plus the chance to go to some games if that is allowed at any point but that’ll be done by random generator! 

Welcome to rip off Derby.

Im still waiting for the extra details @Davidpromised would come out.

Not what they said at all. You're just taking what others have said and running with it as fact.

"Season Ticket Holders will initially be eligible to attend on a match by match basis with a strictly limited number of tickets issued during carefully considered ‘priority booking windows’. "

Admittedly, yes, without any clear indication of what these windows will be it is increasingly stressful for people who've already dished out their dollar, but let's not misrepresent the scant information that is out there. It's not going to be a 'random generator' or 'lucky dip'.

It would have been easier for the club if that was the case tbh, but they themselves are still trying to figure out, amidst continued confusion and lack of proper guidance above them, with no real knowledge on what the future holds, how best to make things fair for everyone in an environment which isn't fair on anyone.

And that takes a bloody long time, and a lot of working out. 

12 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I don’t think that’s the deal. Season ticket holders are getting Rams TV for free. As far as I can see. I haven’t seen anything to suggest you are paying for it.

No way are season ticket holders getting Rams TV 'for free'. The club has to charge as part of the broadcasting agreement. The cost will be included as part of the season ticket cost - what's unclear (and what is making people uncertain about renewing) is whether the club intend to refund the difference between the cost of Rams TV + the 'live' games season ticket holders are able to access and the full price of the season ticket.

For those of us who aren't too fussed about online streaming of games played in mainly empty stadiums, the upfront cost can't be justified when we don't know how many live games we'll see and how the club will determine which games we'll be allowed into. Appreciate that a lot of this is out of their hands at present, but they could set out the framework of how they intend to addrees these issues so that people can make a balanced decision....

People seem to be getting upset about things they don’t know are fact. I paid months ago, I got 20% off and now I have access to TV games. I wish they didn’t have my money but they do. Now I’ll wait and see what happens. It’s not the clubs fault they can’t let us in. I’m not jumping on the moaning bandwagon, I think there’s been more than enough whinging already. 

35 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

No way are season ticket holders getting Rams TV 'for free'. The club has to charge as part of the broadcasting agreement. The cost will be included as part of the season ticket cost - what's unclear (and what is making people uncertain about renewing) is whether the club intend to refund the difference between the cost of Rams TV + the 'live' games season ticket holders are able to access and the full price of the season ticket.

For those of us who aren't too fussed about online streaming of games played in mainly empty stadiums, the upfront cost can't be justified when we don't know how many live games we'll see and how the club will determine which games we'll be allowed into. Appreciate that a lot of this is out of their hands at present, but they could set out the framework of how they intend to addrees these issues so that people can make a balanced decision....

Well, as it stands, if you renew, you'll get access to RamsTV for home games and mid week away games at no extra charge.

If and when full capacity is allowed, you'll be let in.

If and when reduced attendances are allowed you may or may not get a ticket depending on whether demand exceeds availability. The club can't say yet what your chances of getting a ticket are because they don't know what the demand will be.

That's what the club has said and that's what you need to make your decision on. I wouldn't be surprised if the club offered some kind of partial refund if you're not allowed in but, maybe not. Maybe they consider the away game screening to be your compensation. I personally would accept that but, I guess folk like yourself that don't like watching streamed games will feel differently. 

So, if you've not renewed yet, I would say that's the offer you need to base your decision on, take it or leave it. Those that have renewed already but post lock down always knew there was a risk we wouldn't be allowed in and there was no indication from the club of any refund so, we renewed at our own risk. The difficulty, in my mind, are for those that renewed pre-lockdown. They are the only ones, in my view, that should have the opportunity to request a refund.

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

Not what they said at all. You're just taking what others have said and running with it as fact.

"Season Ticket Holders will initially be eligible to attend on a match by match basis with a strictly limited number of tickets issued during carefully considered ‘priority booking windows’. "

Admittedly, yes, without any clear indication of what these windows will be it is increasingly stressful for people who've already dished out their dollar, but let's not misrepresent the scant information that is out there. It's not going to be a 'random generator' or 'lucky dip'.

It would have been easier for the club if that was the case tbh, but they themselves are still trying to figure out, amidst continued confusion and lack of proper guidance above them, with no real knowledge on what the future holds, how best to make things fair for everyone in an environment which isn't fair on anyone.

And that takes a bloody long time, and a lot of working out. 

Yes there's stuff to work out in terms of the details of how match day tickets will be allocated and with cases rising there's obviously a lot of uncertainty.

But while they're working out the details there's absolutely NOTHING preventing them from confirming to fans that we'll get what we pay for and will only end up paying for what we get. If it's about being fair to everyone as you suggest, that would surely be a pretty good first step!

I want to renew my kids season tickets and emailed the ticket office over a week ago asking for confirmation of their refund policy for matches we're not allocated tickets for and are therefore unable to attend. I've received no response whatsoever so far!

All they need to do is guarantee that at the end of the season, we'll get a pro rata refund based on the percentage of matches they've actually been able to attend and I'll renew their tickets today. They're actually losing out on revenue, as well as prompting some supporters who've already renewed to cancel their season tickets, by refusing to confirm their refund policy!

The club are in a difficult position but they're certainly doing a very good job of making the worst out of a bad situation.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/Derby-county-answers-supporters-faqs-relating-to-the-202021-season

TLDR:

If you don't renew, or cancel renewal:

Discounts - multi-year, and 20 or 10% -will be carried over if you don't renew for this season, and your seat will be saved, until the end of the Early Bird renewals window for 2021/22.

If you do renew:

Each game played behind closed doors, gives you the fraction of your season ticket cost back to use next year. While still getting RamsTV for free.

Very reasonable, I think.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/Derby-county-answers-supporters-faqs-relating-to-the-202021-season

TLDR:

Discounts - multi-year, and 20 or 10% -will be carried over if you don't renew for this season, and your seat will be saved for 2021/22.

Biggest news if you don't cancel your season ticket, you will get refunded for every match you miss due to Covid AND get free RamsTV.

The big one...

Q. If I retain my season ticket, will I get a refund for matches I cannot attend because of a reduced stadium capacity or they are played behind-closed-doors?

For each home league match you are prevented from attending directly because of a reduced stadium capacity or it is played behind-closed-doors you will receive a pro-rated credit equivalent to 1/23 of your season ticket purchase price which can be redeemed against the price of a 2021/22 Season Ticket or Home League Match Ticket(s), and you’ll also receive Free RamsTV streaming of each home league match and up to seven to be determined midweek away league matches.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Biggest news if you don't cancel your season ticket, you will get refunded for every match you miss due to Covid AND get free RamsTV.

Yes that was my only issue with previous communication. I am renewing now, hopefully get the link for tomorrow in time.

48 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

TLDR:

If you don't renew, or cancel renewal:

Discounts - multi-year, and 20 or 10% -will be carried over if you don't renew for this season, and your seat will be saved, until the end of the Early Bird renewals window for 2021/22.

If you do renew:

Each game played behind closed doors, gives you the fraction of your season ticket cost back to use next year. While still getting RamsTV for free.

Very reasonable, I think.

Seems like literally every angle is covered here.

Well, I think that's a pretty fine offer for those of us that have already renewed. Going to get a pro-rata refund/discount AND Rams TV AND 7 away games for free. 

We have now only got to find money for weekend away matches streaming (which we will have to pay the home club for.) 

Most importantly,  we will get a chance to attend home games should they ever let spectators in again.

Well done, DCFC. 

SO fag packet maths..  paying my £430 now gets me £18 back for every match I'm not able to attend, to use on next season's ST.

If I didn't renew I'd be paying £300 to watch 30 games online this season, and next season's ST would be full price... for 2 seasons that would be £730.

If I renew now, but subsequently was only able to make 13/23 home fixtures (although I'm guessing it's likely to be less than that) that'd be £186 off my ST next year taking it down to £244, and £679 for two seasons.

(if it turns out I only get to 5 games in person that overall figure goes down to £536)

Now I may be an idiot at maths, but it strikes me I'd have to be an even bigger idiot not to renew (in my own circumstances, I'm not judging others)

Hence I have now renewed.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

SO fag packet maths..  paying my £430 now gets me £18 back for every match I'm not able to attend, to use on next season's ST.

If I didn't renew I'd be paying £300 to watch 30 games online this season, and next season's ST would be full price... for 2 seasons that would be £730.

If I renew now, but subsequently was only able to make 13/23 home fixtures (although I'm guessing it's likely to be less than that) that'd be £186 off my ST next year taking it down to £244, and £679 for two seasons.

(if it turns out I only get to 5 games in person that overall figure goes down to £536)

Now I may be an idiot at maths, but it strikes me I'd have to be an even bigger idiot not to renew (in my own circumstances, I'm not judging others)

Hence I have now renewed.

Depends. If you have a family who all go, it doesn't make sense to because the benefits of RamsTV is only needed for 1 of you. Especially if you're pessimistic on being able to go in person or not bothered until it's fully open.

The only thing confusing me here is that the deadline is Oct 3rd, but the season starts tomorrow

So some of the games will have already passed - do you still get the money back against next year for those games, even if you don't renew until Oct 2nd? Presumably yes as they are going to be BCD games

Any news on when BCD ends and the limited attendance will start?

Archived