v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Are we allowed to analyse you as a poster the same way you analyse the team?

Pointless, repetitive, boring, contributes nothing and should be embarrassed by his overall performance. We'd should sell him to someone like Barrow, only they probably wouldn't even want him.

It’s almost like watching Derby is rubbing off on him lol ? 

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cricket is exciting usually (don’t mention Derbyshire in the 20/20) ??

Exciting? ?

I was thinking of that bit where a fielder picks up the ball and throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to the bolwer. 

then the bowler walks away, and walks away, and walks away, and walks away, and then turns around. Then, slowly but surely he breaks into a little trot, gets a bit faster, does a little hop and then finally releases the ball which spins down the wicket, is completely ignored by the batsman, and caught by the wicket keeper. And everyone freezers as if in shock that someone actually moved and something almost happened.

Before the wicket keeper throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to the bolwer? And the whole repetitive nightmare starts all over again.

p.s. Damn.....just realised I could have used the word toss. 

32 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Expect others to do the same as Barrow, do we give them all credit or accept we need to strengthen up front, because right now we are toothless even with a few missing.

We give Barrow more credit than others because they were in Non League last season and they didn’t give us a sniff today.

We helped that by being completely devoid of creativity, but that wasn’t the point I was making.

It’s perfectly acceptable to say that the result was a combination of us being crap and them being good.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Do u remember when we used to take this competition seriously 

We shouldn't be playing in this thing anyway. You don't get any prize money at all unless you get to the semi-final. The only other thing it provides is unnecessary games for us to play.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

We shouldn't be playing in this thing anyway. You don't get any prize money at all unless you get to the semi-final. The only other thing it provides is unnecessary games for us to play.

well we did a pretty good Job at trying to get eliminated from it at first time of asking lol 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

well we did a pretty good Job at trying to get eliminated from it at first time of asking lol 

Even if we won the entire tournament we'd only get £100k, so can't say I'd be motivated if I were them either. I'd usually say these cups could be a good run out for the second string or the kids, but since the kids, the second string and the first team are all the same thing at the moment it doesn't make much sense for us to carry on in them!

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Exciting? ?

I was thinking of that bit where a fielder picks up the ball and throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to the bolwer. 

then the bowler walks away, and walks away, and walks away, and walks away, and then turns around. Then, slowly but surely he breaks into a little trot, gets a bit faster, does a little hop and then finally releases the ball which spins down the wicket, is completely ignored by the batsman, and caught by the wicket keeper. And everyone freezers as if in shock that someone actually moved and something almost happened.

Before the wicket keeper throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to his mate, who throws it to the bolwer? And the whole repetitive nightmare starts all over again.

p.s. Damn.....just realised I could have used the word toss. 

The sell out crowd watching Stokes beat the Aussies and the millions watching the super over for England to win the cricket World Cup got a tad excited ??

Archived