v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Van Rammeister said:

To be fair, I am glad they showed some humility and didn’t run round like a bunch of nobbers when the final penalty went in. If you pardon the pun, I think they looked a bit sheepish.

Don't get me wrong - I wasn't expecting a celebration haha - but as I say there wasn't even relief on any of their faces. Looked like they just finished a workout.

Could that game have gone much worse (minus the clean sheet)? We won but the performance was so poor it almost feels like a defeat and I doubt the players will take much confidence from scraping past Barrow on penalties. We've got another game added into a hectic schedule and one of the few attack minded players we have went off injured again. 

Apart from a couple of lapses of concentration we looked defensively good. If we get some good attacking players in, as well as our injured/international players back, we will be pretty decent. 

Today was always going to be our final pre-season game. 

We scraped it but we won. So onwards and upwards. 

6 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Cocu out!

Forsyth past it, happily not see Evans in a Derby shirt again, if Buchanan at right back is the answer, then what’s the question?

The squad looks paper thin with players potentially moving OUT?!

The football looks Laboured, disjointed and boring to watch.

And I’m usually a ‘happy clapper’ ?

1464352024-amazed-owl.gif.a5bcc9a0170cb9c78c8f7f7facb432d7.gif

Theres no argument anymore. 100%, undeniably, absolutely toss. 1-11. If anyone says I'm wrong this time, you dont know what a footballer looks like. Some of it was embarrassing. Wisdom at no.10? What an absolute joke. Even he was laughing. 

Just now, DJFern94 said:

Apart from a couple of lapses of concentration we looked defensively good. If we get some good attacking players in, as well as our injured/international players back, we will be pretty decent. 

Today was always going to be our final pre-season game. 

We scraped it but we won. So onwards and upwards. 

That’s the thing though Isn’t it

if u have a couple of lapses in concentration .. which we did and tend to do and can’t even register a meaningful save out of the oppositions gk ... u tend to not get too far 

that was quite simply shocking and disturbing with only a week to go ... couple of players out or not 

Archived