Jacob Murphy

Heisenberg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cocu has openly stated he wants a winger/wide man and has been targetting them since the end of last year. So its pretty much come from the horses mouth as to what we want and Murphy fits the bill.

The reason we ended up 4231 with inverted wide men is because other than Jozefzoon who Cocu clearly doesnt rate we had no choice but to play them. 

Just now, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Cocu’s favoured system is 4-3-3, said so himself, I think it’s just that the current squad suits 4-2-3-1 more

You need 3-4 good wingers really if you wanna play 4-3-3, and we know that's a problem for us so it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why would a club loan a player out who only has 12 months left to run on the contract?

Could be with a view to a permanent or option to buy/terminate in Jan - that way if he performs well either us or another team buys him in the Jan

At PSV, Cocu played 2 very quick wingers in Hirving Lozano and Steven Bergwijn in a 4-3-3. If we're genuinely looking at wing players, we could be seeing more than one coming in over the next few weeks to fit that formation. I wouldn't be against Jacob Murphy being one of them... the Wednesday fans seem to rate him highly and he got a decent assist against us at their place.

I really am not as schooled as many on here about the science of 433 442 4231 or whatever but in my mind a wide man who distorts an opponents shape and strategy by virtue of playing on the margins, beating a man, being wide so stretching a defence and creating space, crosses or cutting in is a huge value. .. he’s past his best but Hoilet was always one of those. Benherama is one now and likely to be a prem target. Johnny Russell did it - inconsistently - for us but whoever it is is you are a better side with one in the mix. 

Archived