Former Derby players who are more accociated with other clubs

whiteroseram

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, maza233 said:

How about:

- Darren Moore & Russell Hoult - WBA

- Mart Poom - Sunderland (going to get shouted at for this)

- Dean Moxey - Exeter

- Jamie Ward - Sheffield United

- Rasiak - Southampton

i wouldn't overly associate Hoult with anyone to be honest. Moxey probably Palace. Poom - a half hour of self flagellation will do for a first offence, next time it's hand washing Kenny Burns socks i'm afraid.

The Derby player I can think of being the biggest icon for another club is Avi Nimni. He's a massive icon at Maccabi Tel Aviv and for Israeli football in general. He made 489 appearances for them, is their all-time leading scorer with 217 goals, and had his number 8 jersey retired by the club when he finished playing, an honour reserved only for a club's true legends and Jude Bellingham.

Over here he only managed four appearances and one goal on loan from them. To be fair, that's a better record than the other player us and MTA have in common.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

and Steve Cross- the man with no position

Steve changed how I react to players. I had the pleasure of meeting him and playing with him a few times, he loved football, was amazing to watch up close and loved Derby. He used to arrange kick abouts in the park! 

23 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed on all that. Just went purely on the amount of games he played for them compared to us. 

Interestingly, I didn't even check that. Just based it on my impression of his contribution to the Rams during that era ?

Archived