Former Derby players who are more accociated with other clubs

whiteroseram

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Ian Ashbee - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur

Hate it when Ian Ashbee pops into my head and I immediately associate him with Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. Don't think I'll ever manage to separate the two.

32 minutes ago, Srg said:

Hate it when Ian Ashbee pops into my head and I immediately associate him with Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. Don't think I'll ever manage to separate the two.

Bet you didn't write that without using cut and paste?

Name drop : when I once had lunch with Bobby Davison he seemed to have little affection for Derby, he talked more about Leeds. Disappointingly. He was one of the many agents involved in the Baiano transfer (the player himself made Nearly £1m out of that £1.5m’ish transfer - clever boy)

24 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Name drop : when I once had lunch with Bobby Davison he seemed to have little affection for Derby, he talked more about Leeds. Disappointingly. He was one of the many agents involved in the Baiano transfer (the player himself made Nearly £1m out of that £1.5m’ish transfer - clever boy)

I suspect that was more to do with Cox promising to sign him on his loan in 92  then signing Gabbiadini instead. If he's ever asked about Derby it comes up within 5 minutes.  It's a shame. When Gibson interviwed him recently he was happy to talk about family. other players and Leeds.  He' couldn't recall' anything about key moments with Derby other than being shafted on a contract in 91-92. He did well on that loan so has a point to be fair, he was due the contract with the cash Pickering conjured up.

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I don't ever remember Ratcliffe playing for us.  Must have missed that one 

We had him loan when we signed Kitson et al.  Read a comment from him once that the squad at that time was a fantastic group of young players who would do well elsewhere, but were far to self important to play as a team together.

Archived