• Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Robbie van der Laan- Port Vale

you are mistaking him with robbie williams 

40 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Tyronne Mears - Marseille

Can't have that one.

his skeletons still hanging out the window at moor farm where he got stuck escaping. People thought it was a sculpture Bywater left as a parting gift. It's where Gary found his trainors. The guy at Marseille looked like him and spookily had the same name.

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Mick Coop

Barry Powell

Mo Konic

Nick Pickering

I'm glad these are all more associated with Coventry.

Nick Pickering ?? how did he make a living out of football ?

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Mick Coop

Barry Powell

Mo Konic

Nick Pickering

I'm glad these are all more associated with Coventry.

18 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

You've done well there with Bolder been remembered at Grimsby. He never played for them.

Haha, I've misremembered that then! However, I've just done a search and...

"His first league goal came in August 2002 against Grimsby Town. Derby won that game 2–1 and Bolder scored both goals for Derby"

... most associate him with Grimsby, because he came  seemingly out of  nowhere and scored 2 good goals against them, so I'm counting it on a technicality?

1 hour ago, sage said:

Ron Webster - Minnesota Kicks

It's not the daftest one in this thread

Although most suggestions are probably better known at other clubs, 99% could hardly be classed as icons at those clubs. John McGovern is a good one, as is Charlie George. Franny Lee at Man City certainly comes into the category of icon. 
  Saunders and Wright may (possibly) be better known as Liverpool players, but they certainly couldn't be classed as club icons. 
  Mick Coop, definitely the worst player I ever saw for us (and I saw Mick Brolly, Nick Pickering and many more), is definitely an icon at Coventry. I don't know if that's a reflection on the quality of players at Coventry, but he's in their Hall of Fame.

Archived